Chapter twelve

I woke up at 4:00am. I couldn’t fall back asleep.  Natalie was still sleeping in the window seat. I sat up, sneaking away from her grip. I walked over to Greyson, and sat at the edge of his bed.

    “Good morning Love,” I smiled, it was how Greyson woke me up every morning. The memory made my heart hurt. I laid next to him, and took his hand again. The tears wanted to come back, but I wouldn’t let them.

    “Byways, Highways, Freeways I’m always yours..” I whispered to him. “Smoke bellowing from your blue eyes..that got me from the start...” I continued to whisper to him.  I played with his ring which was still around my neck. I looked at the ceiling. I sat on the floor, I laid half off Greyson’s bed. There was nothing to do, and I couldn’t fall back asleep.

    It was 9:30 When Cody walked in the room. I was laying on the floor, playing with a piece of string I found. He looked at me funny. At this point, I was over tired, and willing to laugh at anything.

    “Rachel..?” I just started laughing. Cody stepped in the room, “Are you ok?”

Natalie woke up and rubbed her eyes.

    “Whats going on?” She looked at me.

    I looked at both of them and started laughing again.

    “Uh gosh..Rachel, what time did you get up?” Natalie’s eyes got wide.

    I held up 4 fingers and giggled.

    “..What time did she go to bed?” Cody looked at Natalie.

    “Like One...”

    I tried to stop myself from laughing, but I couldn’t.

    “Does she always do this?..” Cody looked concerned.

    “Yeah, if she’s over tired. Then she just gets annoyed, then after that she just drops wherever she is..” Natalie raised an eyebrow. I got up off the floor and sat next to Natalie.

    I sat there and looked out the window, I saw a squirrel run across the road and thought it was the funniest thing ever. I fell on the floor laughing. Cody looked worried. Natalie just sat there, because she’s seen me do this before.

    “I think I should take you home so you can sleep..” Natalie stood up.

    “NO.” I shook my head.

    “Here we go..” Natalie whispered. She walked to Cody.

    I sat in the corner of the room for half an hour. Alli walked in and looked at me.

    “What?” I looked back.

    “Overtired?” She looked at Natalie.

    “very.” She nodded. “She’s running on four hours of sleep in two days.”

    Why are they talking about me like I’m not here?! I got annoyed and went to sit next to Greyson. I laid in bed next to him and stared at everyone else.

    “She’s kind of scaring me..” Alli raised an eyebrow. Cody just laughed.

I put my head on the bed, about ready to say something to them, but I fell asleep.