Chapter 62

“ARE YOU READY? THEY’RE BACK. AND THEY ARE BETTER THEN BEFORE. TONIGHT, WE’VE GOT, CODY SIMPSON-” The voice from the speakers said, The crowd screamed. “AND GREYSON CHANCE!!” the crowd screamed louder. “OPENING FOR THEM, THE LOVELY, RACHEL PRICE!” The crowd screamed, louder. I smiled and Greyson put a hand on my shoulder.

    “Ready?”

    “No,” I answered honestly.

    “Here, hold out your hand.” Slowly, I held out a shaky hand, before feeling something small, but heavy placed in it. I looked, it was a silver bullet necklace. I smiled.

    “Bite the bullet.” He smiled before bitting his own. “Now go on, You’ll do great!” I smiled, and dropped the necklace around my neck, bitting the bullet before heading onstage, stealing a kiss from Greyson.

    I walked out, hearing the screams, I looked out into the crowd. The arena was huge. Must of been a thousand people in here.

    “HOW YOU GUYS DOING TONIGHT?” I called into the mic, they screamed. I smiled at them and walked to the side of the stage, grabbing my pink guitar and sitting on the stool in the center of the stage.

    “You don’t mind If I bring back some oldies, eh?” I winked and began to play.  “How many of you, remember a little song, called Summertrain?” They screamed. I remembered being in the audience to my first concert. It was Greyson and Cody’s concert actually. I smiled at the thought and started singing.

    “Come with me for a little ride see the shadows passing by..” I sang, I wasn’t nervous anymore at all, now I see why Greyson loved this so much. When it got to the longer note at the end though, I panicked for a second. Greyson was a much better singer than me, I couldn’t pull something like that off, could I?

    I guess I could, because by the time I was done, everyone was clapping, on their feet. I smiled, it was a wonderful feeling. I only stopped for a second before going into my next song, the acoustic version of iYiYi.

    “Every hour of the day, iYiYi..” I smiled, all Cody’s fans were on their feet, singing along.

    “Oh baby whenever I’m gone I’m wishin’ I was back home..” I looked to the side of the stage while singing. Cody had a huge smile, he gave me a thumbs up.

    “when you’re thinking about me, text 143 three-” I stopped play and held up one finger, then four, then three- “That means i love you boy I’ll be your, everything you know you need..”

    When I got done with that song, I put the guitar down and sat on Greyson’s piano bench. I smiled. It was the same piano as the WOTL video. I’d recently learned how to play Somewhere Only We Know by Keane, so I planned on playing that.

    “I walked across, an empty land, i knew the pathway like the back of my hand. I felt the earth, beneath my feet, sat by the river and it made me complete.

    Oh simple things, were have you gone? I’m getting old and I need something to rely on..”    

    Only a few of the people knew this song, so they sang along. I was about ready to go, when a very, very familiar song came on. Before I could turn my head, the crowd screamed louder then they have all night.

    “Byways, Highways, Freeways, I’m always Yours.” I smiled at the sound of Greyson’s voice. I turned around to find him staring at me, holding out his hand. I took it and got up from the bench. “smoke bellowing from your blue eyes, that got me from the start.”

    “Flames glowing bright in the distance, we’re rising high,” I continued.

    “I am lovesick and I just can’t be healed, it happened so quick, now I’m head over heels, for you cause you’re the love of my heart,You’re the match and we’re the spark, we’re fire, We light up the dark.” Greyson and I sang. I smiled at him as he sang the next part, we kept switching until the song was over. I hugged him, and he kissed my cheek.

    “EVERYONE, MY BEAUTIFUL GIRLFRIEND, RACHEL PRICE!” Greyson pointed to me, I waved, blushing.

    Greyson and I walked off stage so Cody could do his part of the concert, then Greyson would go back on.

    “You’re amazing.” Greyson whispered to me backstage. I smiled and kissed him.     “Not as amazing as you..”

    “Of course not, I’m Greyson Chance!” He put his arms up.

    “Hey!” I stuck my tongue out at him. He just smiled at me.