Chapter 35

An hour later I was sitting on her bed, in her arms crying. I had told her everything. She didn’t say much, but it was enough to make me feel better.

    “Rachel, it will be fine. Trust me! Everything happens for a reason. Right?” She rubbed my back, I sat up.

    “I suppose.” I sighed. “I’m stupid.” I frowned.

    “No, your not stupid, your just....Rachel.” She laughed. I smiled at her.

    “I feel so bad for Greyson though...”

    “Don’t be,” She shook her head.

    “But you didn’t see his face. It was like he saw a ghost or something. Like...I can’t even explain it.” I felt my eyes start to water again. “People will hate me, and then you know how some of those kids are, they’re going to hate Greyson for it too...I can’t let that happen, but I can’t hide forever..”

    “You could get an abortion.” Natalie suggested. She bit her lip.

    “No. Thats horrible...” I put my face in my hands. “Its wrong. I mean, I couldn’t live with myself. Its like..murder, or it should be anyway.”

    “Sorry I suggested it I just thought..” She shook her head.

    “Its ok.” I frowned. “I just don’t know what to do.”

    “My mom may know..” She suggested.

    “Normally, I would say no. But...I really need a mom right now.” I half smiled and got up. She took my hand and lead me downstairs.

    “MOOOM?” Natalie called, “YOUR OTHER DAUGHTER NEEDS YOU!”

    Her mother, tall, dark haired, and stunning walked out of the home office.

    “Yes?” She smiled, showing her teeth.

    “I need some advise.” I raised an eyebrow.

    “Uh oh, its serious, she’s coming to me not Lisa,” Natalie’s mom laughed, I smiled.

    “Yeah...Its, serious.”

    We sat down at the dinning room table.

    “What is it hun?”

    I loved Natalie’s mom. She was just so different, probably because she was so young herself. She had Natalie when she was 18, so maybe coming to her was a good thing.

    “Its something...you might relate too....pretty well.”

    “I see...” She rested her head on her hand. “Wait, this isn’t what I think it is, is it?”

    Her eyes got big.

    “Most likely.” I frowned.

    “Are you..” She looked at Natalie then to me.

    “She’s pregnant, mom.” Natalie finished for her.

    “Its...Greyson’s?” She asked.

    “Of course, it wouldn’t be anyone else’s.” I shook my head.

    “Just checking.”  She smiled.

    “...I’m scared.” I looked at her, seconds away from tears.

    “Oh, hun, its all right. Not the end of the world. I’m still alive, see?” She held out her hands, and walked around the table to give me a hug.

    “Yeah, but your boyfriend wasn’t an international super star,” I laughed and wiped my eyes.

    “I can see how that would be a problem, but, My boyfriend did leave, and didn’t come back until Natalie was two.” I looked over at Nat, who was sitting awkwardly in the edge of her seat. “Greyson will stay. You know he will.”

    “Yeah,” I smiled small and wiped my eyes.