Chapter 74

He looked completely shocked.

    “..Thats me,” I let out a shaky laugh.

    “Like, my Rachel. My little sister, Rachel.” He was still in shock.   

    “..Yeah,”

    He smiled, and I smiled back. Without warning he was hugging me, at first I didn’t know what to do, Greyson had let go of my hand, so i hugged back. He pulled away.

    “Nice to see you again, Rachel.”

    “Its been awhile.” I half smiled.

    “I just can’t believe its you.” He shook his head. “You don’t remember me much, do you?”

    “No..being completely honest, not at all..”

    “Its my fault for leaving. I’m sorry. I should of stayed with you...Anyway. I’ve got a lot of big brother catching up to do.” He shook his head and sighed. “Um, lets see...Your shirt is too low.”

    Cody laughed, “I Told youu!” He pointed to me smiling.

    “And you are?” He turned his head to Greyson and Cody, half smiling.

    “Oh, this is Cody. He’s been like...my older brother while you were away.” I laughed.

    “Ahh, Well, thanks I guess.” He laughed.

     “and, This is Greyson.” I grabbed Greyson’s hand again.

    Jacob slowly nodded, staring at Greyson.

    “I see, well,” He circled around Greyson once, Grey obviously uncomfortable. “He seems all right. For now, anyway. At least his pants aren’t half way down his butt.” Jake shrugged. The corner of Cody’s lip twitched, like he was trying not to smile, because at the moment thats exactly how Cody’s pants were.

     “How are things? I heard about the accident, I was away so I couldn’t do anything but..” His voice trailed off.

    “Things are ok..I guess. Still don’t know who hit us.”

    “I think we’re about to..” Greyson’s eyes got big and he looked at his phone, answering whoever it was. He took a step back.

    “Hello?.....Yeah.....Got anything?...........Wait. What? No, I know she’s absolutely ridiculous and immature but she wouldn’t do that-.....”

    “Greyson, what is it?” I whispered. He shook his head and held up a finger, telling me to wait.

    “Who actually hit us then?......I’ve known her for a long time. She’s horrible, but she wouldn’t set someone up for that. ....No! And you actually talked to this guy?.....I’ll call her. It can’t be possible. Thanks.”

    There was another short pause before Greyson hung up.

    “..Well?” I asked.

    “They think Lauren’s behind it all.”

    “No..” I was shocked.

    “Who’s Lauren...?” Jacob asked.

    “Greyson’s creepy ex girlfriend who seems to still ‘love’ him 5 years later.”  Cody answered.

    “Be nice, Cody.” I shook my head. “How?” I turned back to Greyson.

    “My Bodyguard had these people track down the license plate number, and it lead them to Evan Something. I can’t remember his name, he said a Lauren called him a month before and arranged everything.”

    “I don’t believe it.”

    “Me either.”

    “Well,” Emily stepped forward. “Why don’t we just make a quick stop at your grandparents house, and deal with this later?” 
    “Sounds good to me,” I smiled. I turned to Greyson, he was standing with his hand pressed to his head. I took a step closer to him, the others were turned to leave, slowly making their way out.

    “Hey bud...You ok?” I lightly nudged his arm with mine. He slowly looked up, moving his hand.

    “Yeah. I’m fine. Headache.” He shook his head slowly and slid his hand into mine. It was cold. And it scared me.