Chapter 53

Cody gave me a sympathetic look. I just shook my head, walking over to the bed, where  Greyson was peeking out from under the blanket. I laid next to him, faces close.

    “Any better?” I whispered.

    “A bit.” He whispered back. He freed his hand from under the blanket and wiped away my tears. “Stop crying, and I’m sure I’ll be even better.”

    I smiled at him and sighed.

    “You should tour with me.” He said, catching me off guard.

    “But..Greyson I can’t..”

    “You have no choice, you’d be coming anyway. This way its just more exciting.” Greyson smiled at me.

    He was right, I’d be on tour with him anyway, just, in the crowd not the stage.

    “I’ll do a couple shows. Can’t be on stage too many nights though..” I frowned at him.

    “Why is that?” He raised an eyebrow. My answer was me pointing to my stomach. “Oh.” He nodded.

    “People are going to notice. I can’t go anywhere, because It’ll end up hurting your music, you know? But lets not talk about this now.”

    “Aye, mate, we gotta go..” Cody stood up. I looked at the clock for the first time in forever, It was 7:30.

    I got up and walked over to Cody, hugging him. He hugged back, picking me up before setting me back down. He was so much taller then me, it was kind of funny.  Alli walked up to me, giving me a hug as well. I smiled at them as they said goodbye to Greyson. Christian left too.

    Now, it was just me Grey and Natalie. I sighed and walked over to Greyson’s piano, sitting on the bench. I poked a key, the sound echoed through the room. Greyson walked up behind me, I let him sit on the bench, Natalie handed me my guitar.

    Slowly, I started strumming ‘Summertrain’. It was an old one, but I still loved it. It was one of the first songs by Greyson I ever learned on the guitar.

    “Come with me for a little ride see the shadows passing by...” Greyson started, I smiled and continued to play. Eventually, Greyson stopped singing, while I was, so It was just me.

    “Come away with me, its gonna be all right, just breath, come away with me, its gonna be all right, You’ll see..” I stopped when the song was over, Natalie jumped up from her chair, cheering.

    “You’re really good...You need to show me how to do that..” Natalie’s eyes widened as she looked at my guitar. I laughed.

    “I’m not that good.” I shook my head. “And you know, I saw Cody trying to show you....”

    “Don’t bring that up.” Natalie sighed. I laughed at the memory of her standing with a few strings broken from the guitar, and Cody’s horrified face.

    “You know, you’re good enough to come with me and Cody.” Greyson smiled.

    I rolled my eyes and set the pink guitar down.