Chapter eighteen

I woke up next to Greyson, like I did every morning, I was facing the wall when I felt eyes staring at me. I sat up, and looked around. No one was here...

    I went to lay back down, facing Greyson, when I saw him half sitting up, staring at me with a blank face. It scared me to be honest. I screamed and fell out of the bed.

    He didn’t say anything...he just...watched me slowly get up and sit back down on the bed. I looked at him too...

    “..Greyson? Are you..are you all right?” I asked. Maybe I’m dreaming..   

    He didn’t say a thing. He bit his lip, and half smiled. A few minutes went by of just us staring. Then he opened his mouth to speak.

    “Rachel Marie Price, I’m In Love With You Too.”

    I smiled and started crying. He smiled at held his arms open. I scooted closer to him and put my arms around him. We sat there holding each other. Something I didn’t think was possible for us again.

    I sat up and wiped my eyes with my sleeve.

    “I can’t believe this...” I shook my head and smiled. “They were..They were going to pull the plug Friday I just couldn’t..” My eyes started to fill up again.

    “I know.” Greyson’s face went blank. He stared at me.

    “You know?” I tilted my head.

    “I could hear you guys.” He smiled, “Every day, every night. I wanted so much to sit up and tell you I was ok. I listened every night when you talked to me..when you sang to me.. I couldn’t stand to hear you cry.” He shook his head, and his eyes began to fill with tears.

    “Don’t you dare cry,” I laughed through my tears. He smiled.

    “So what did Cody do this time?” He looked at me.

    “Kissed his ex..” I shook my head, “Stupid boy.” I half smiled.

    “Poor Natalie..” Greyson bit his lip. “Hows my mom?”

    “She’s doing ok I guess..OH, We should call her!” I looked up.

    “Not yet...” He shook his head, “I want to be with you.”

    I smiled at blinked back more tears. Greyson put his fingers around my wrist. His face went serious.

    “Rachel.” He looked into my eyes. “What have you done?”

    “Nothing..” I shook my head, and shyly pulled my wrist away.

    “You’re not eating, are you?” He looked at me. he was disappointed, I know it.

    “No..” I bit my lip.

    “and why not?”

    “Because..-”

    “You better not say it was because of me.” He gave me a serious look.