Chapter 83

I entered the room, the yelling had stopped. It was Greyson who had been though. Which I knew all along, but chose not to believe it. He was curled up in the corner with his arms over his head, crying.

    “Oh my god.” I turned to Cody. “What happened?!”

    “He just... I don’t know.” There were two nurses on the other side of the room.

    “He wont let us near him to find out either.” One of them spoke up.

    “Greyson?” I whispered. He looked up slowly. “Greyson, are you ok?” 

    There was a broken vase on the floor, bits of glass everywhere. Carefully I walked over to him, kneeling down.

    His breathing was uneven. Face was pale. I grabbed his hand. It was ice cold. He was shaking, really bad.

    “Grey?” Everyone was watching us. I didn’t know what to do. He looked down at our hands, and before I knew it he was half laying across my lap, mumbling something. It was hard to understand him.

    “Greyson whats wrong? You’re scaring me.”

    “Head hurts.” Was all I got for an answer. They needed to find out what was wrong with him. I couldn’t stand seeing him this way.

    “I’m sorry.” He whispered, still crying.

    “You’ve got nothing to be sorry for.”

    “I do. I have so much. So many things. You shouldn’t have to go through this, but you are, and its all my fault.”

    There was blood on his arm, and I’m sure some of it was now on my shirt. I didn’t care. I pulled him up, so he was looking at me. I kissed his cheek.

    “Not everything bad is your fault, Greyson. You blame yourself for too much. I’m still here because I love you, and thats not going to change. Ever.”

    He sat on my lap, leaning into me. He was still crying, which doesn’t help his uneven breathing. I rubbed his back. He reminded me of a little kid. Eventually, he calmed down. He wasn’t shaking so bad, and the crying had quieted.

    “Thats amazing.” Lauren whispered.

    I turned to her, giving her a confused look.

    “I mean, its amazing how much he calmed down when you got here. I’m glad you didn’t see him before. Look at him now.” She half smiled. Greyson had fallen asleep in my lap.

    “He loves you. A lot. And You’d be stupid to let him go like I did.”

    “...I wont. I can promise you now, I wont.”