Chapter seventeen

We got up to the room, Natalie’s eyes were slightly red. Alli gave me a confused look.

    “What happened?” She asked.

    “Ask your brother.” Natalie said blankly. Her face was expressionless. She walked over to the window seat and sat down. Cody wasn’t in the room anymore.

    I sighed and went to sit down. I looked at my wrists, suddenly startled at how thin they’ve become. My clothes were too big now too. I was weak. I guess thats what starving yourself does to you.

    I frowned and looked up at Greyson. He was still laying there, same way he has been for 3 and a half weeks.

    “I’m hungry.” I said without thinking.

    Alli looked at me surprised.    

    “Well, what do you want?” She tilted her head.

    “I want...ice cream.” I stared at the wall.

    “Seriously?” Alli looked surprised.

    “Yes.” I looked up.

    “Thats not real food Rachel...”

    “So?”

    “Um..Ok, lets go see if we can find you.. ice cream.”

    “Actually...can I stay here please? I don’t want to leave..”

    “Sure, sure,” She bit her lip. “Natalie? Want to come? You can tell me what stupid things my brothers done this time..”

    “Absolutely.” Natalie got up, and walked out of the room with Alli.

    They closed the door behind them. When they were out, I stood up from the floor where I was sitting, and was startled to see Alexa sitting in the corner of the room.

    “Hi,” I smiled at her while I was leaning against the wall to stand up.

    “Hello,” She smiled sweetly. I’ve always been close with Alexa, she was like the sister I never had, but have always wanted.

    “So, your finally hungry huh?” She joked.

    “Very..” I nodded.

    “It only took three weeks,” She winked.

    I sat next to her and we talked until Alli and Natalie came back. Alli had a spoon, and a plastic bowl with ice cream in her hands.

    “Thank youuu!” I smiled as she handed it to me. I ate it in no time. I felt so much better when I was done.

    There was still no sign of Cody when everyone started leaving later in the night. Eventually, I was the only one left. It was 9:30. I sighed and sat next to Greyson.

    “You know...” I smiled at him, “I love you.” I laughed. Then my face went blank. “But, I might not have much time left with you..So, I have to tell you this now, and just pray you can hear me.” I took a deep breath. “I’ve said I love you so may times..I can’t even count. But theres a difference...between loving someone, and being in love.” I looked at his face. I took his good hand in mine. “And believe me when I say this..” I bit my lip. “Greyson Michael Chance, I’m in love with you.”

    I let out a huge breath after saying it. I smiled to myself. Then I quietly repeated, “I‘m In love with you.” Something changed in his face. Almost, as if, he looked..happy. Maybe I was just my eyes playing tricks on me or something.

    I smiled, we sat there for a minute together.

    “Gosh, I wish you could hear me..”

    I felt something lightly squeeze my hand. Surprised, I looked down, to find Greyson’s grip tightened around my own. My smile widened..,

    “did you...did you just do that?” I looked at him. I smiled and lightly pressed my lips to his. “Talk to you in the morning. I love you..”

    First thing tomorrow, I would tell the nurse about his improvement.