Chapter 44

My mouth dropped, as Im sure everyone behind me’s did too.

    He stepped down to the last step, with his eyes locked on her.

    “Why are you here.” He said, blankly.

    “What? I’m not allowed to see you?”

    “I haven’t talked to you in three years. Why do you want to see me now?”

    I quietly tiptoed down behind Greyson, i locked our fingers together, and stood so i was partially hidden.

    “Hey Rachel.” Lauren smiled, and twirled her hair in her fingers.

    “Uh, Hi.”

    Greyson tightened his grip on my hand, going into his over protective mode.

    She stepped closer to me, and held out her hand. I shook it.

    “Nice to meet you,” She giggled.

    “Yeah, you too.” I tried not to roll my eyes.

    “What do you want? Really.” Greyson ran his fingers through his hair.

    Lauren ignored him, “So, Rachel how are you?”

    “Just great.” I said, trying to hide the sarcasm from my voice.

    “GREYSON, I’M HOME,” We heard the door open, and then the footsteps as they got closer. Alexa came into view, tossing her keys on the table, she walked to the stairs and pushed the hair out of her face.

    “Whats going on?” She looked confused. “...No.” She stepped up, fists clenched, walked to stand next to Greyson. “Lauren.” She said it through her teeth.

    “Hello,” Lauren waved, wiggling her fingers. Alexa responded with a disgusted sound.

    “Why is she here?”

    “I’ve been trying to figure that out!” Greyson threw his hand in the air.

    “Wow,” I laughed. “We really just don’t get a break do we?” I looked at Greyson.

    “Obviously not.”

    “I’m not here to cause trouble,” Lauren put her hands up. “I was just, in the area.”

    “Right. Thats Believable.” Greyson rolled his eyes, Cody stepped down and stood behind me.

    “Actually, I came to ask if I could stay. Just for a week.” She rubbed her arm.

    “No,” Greyson and Alexa said, at the same time.

    “What are we no-ing at?” Scott came into the room, Lisa close behind.

    “Lauren? Is that you?” Lisa stepped forward.

    “Yes!” She smiled and turned her head, to look at Lisa. “I’ve come to apologize for all the horrible things I’ve done to your son. And to your family, I can’t imagine how hard its been on all of you, it only took me so long to say this because i just haven’t been able to get to you.” She gave her a smile, and took Lisa’s hand in her own. “But i must ask you, could you forgive me and allow me to stay?”   

    “Of course dear!” Lisa smiled, completely under Lauren’s spell.

    I stood with my mouth hanging open.

    Lisa left, and Lauren gave an evil grin.

    “What did you say you were here for?” Cody asked slowly.

    “I got an acting job.” She winked and looked at me, “Close your mouth hun, you’ll catch flies.” She patted my chin and left, going to get her things.