Chapter nine

Alli Was walking with her hand in mine, Natalie had a hand on my shoulder. Things must be bad..no ones speaking. It made me worry, I was breathing hard. I looked at Natalie. Her eyes were watering. She half smiled at me as we continued walking. We went all the way up to the top floor of the hospital, and walked down a small hallway. It was quiet up here, just the sound of light beeping coming from the rooms.

    We stopped outside a door. Alli looked at me.

    “Brace yourself.”

    I held my breath as she pushed open the door.

    First thing I saw was Greyson’s dad. Sitting in a chair staring sitting next to Lisa next to Greyson’s bed. They had their hands linked together. Then I saw Cody, on the window seat His eyes closed, phone still in hand from when Natalie called. I stepped inside and Cody looked up. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but closed it. Natalie stepped into the room and walked to Cody. She put her arms around him and hugged him. She sat on his lap and they put there faces close, eyes closed. Natalie was whispering things to Cody, trying to cheer him up as he silently cried with her.

    Will I ever be able to do things like that with Greyson again? Will I see him laugh? Or cry? Will his hands be warm again? Not icy cold like they are now...His face, missing its color. Will I be able to see his cheeks turn red when caught kissing in public again? I closed my eyes. What have I done?

    I took another step, and slowly turned to the hospital bed. I could feel everyone watching me, I swallowed hard and looked.

    There he was, laying there, his eyes closed, he looked worse then before. Wires around him. I took another step, he cad a cut next to his eye from the crash. 

-Flashback

    “Greeeen liight!” Greyson called, I smiled and started driving. “RACHEL!” Greyson yelled, I turned my head and slammed on the brakes. It was too late, a huge yellow truck went speeding through the red light and was headed right to us. My first thought was Greyson, it was on his side. I moved the car forward, but didn’t get far before it hit.

-End Flashback.

    “Theres something you should know,” Cody spoke up as I walked over to Greyson.

    I looked up at him. Then across the bed to Lisa, who was sitting next to Greyson.

    “Rachel..” He took a deep breath, “Greyson’s in a coma.”