Chapter 91

January 17, 2015. Rachel's POV.

    “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RACHEL... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” James, Jake, Daniel, Emily, and Isabel -A friend I had from twitter who I’d found again -  all sang to me. I was blushing like mad.

    “Thanks guys! You didn’t have to you know,” They smiled as I looked down at the cake and its seventeen candles.

    “Oh, just blow them out.” Jamie stuck out his tongue.

    I blew out the candles, making a wish.

    Jake sighed and gave me a hug. “It really is good to see you. How about presents and we can eat the cake as we open them, ok?” He smiled.

    “Sure! But really you didn’t have to get-”

    “Rachel,” Isabel laughed, “Just be quiet. Its your birthday!”

    I shrugged and allowed them to take me into the living room to open presents.

    After everything was opened, Jake stood up. “Um, well there’s one more.”

    “Really?” I asked confused.

    “Stay here...” He left the room, going to the front door. When he came back, he wasn’t alone.

    “...Hey.” Greyson stood in front of me, it was the first time I’ve seen him in months... I started crying.

    “No, no, I’m sorry, I know, You probably hate me but..” He walked over to me kneeling beside my chair.

    “Hate you? Greyson Michael I don’t even think thats possible.” I laughed, wiping my tears away. “I’m just happy to see you!” I threw my arms around him, giving him an awkward hug...it was rather difficult with how big Jeydon was getting.

    “Wow.” Greyson looked at my stomach, his eyes wide. “It got big.”

    “He got big.”

    “...Its a boy?”

I nodded, “Its Jeydon.” I took out a picture from the ultrasound I had gotten and handed it to him.

    I thought Greyson was going to start crying too. After studying the picture, He pulled me in for another hug, before pulling away slightly after. With perfect timing, Greyson placed a hand to my stomach as Jeydon decided to kick. The smile on Greyson’’s face grew bigger.

    He took in a deep breath. “Rachel. I’ve got something to say to you, and its something I’ve been planning for...ever actually.”

    “Well,” I sat up. “What is it?”

    “I know, I know this is going to sound crazy, and stupid... but just let me talk. I met you at a concert, heck I’ve met thousands of girls at concerts.. but something about you just... I don’t know. I was drawn to you. Since then, we’ve been to hell and back...but we’ve had amazing things happen to us that I’m sure we wont be forgetting anytime soon. You stood by me, when I was in a coma, almost dead. You’re still here, even after being in the hospital way more than either of us liked....but thats not the point. The point is I want to say Thank You. Thank you for being an incredible person, thank you for believing in me, thank you for carrying my son, thank you for dealing with everything so well...Thank you for the memories. I want there to be more, and I want to spend them with you. So... Rachel, I want you to know that I’m in love with you. I’d be the happiest person in the world if you’d consider something for a minute..I’ve already talked it over with Jake, and it took a lot of convincing but..He’s letting me here now so I guess I did something right. Before you answer I want you to keep in mind... its going to be hard. As you can tell... I can’t always be here. Even though I really wish I could. But that wont make me love you any less.”

    He pulled a box out of his pocket, and got down on one knee opening the box. My heart stopped. Was he doing what I thought he was? 
    “Rachel Marie Price.... Will You Marry Me?”

    I put a hand up to my mouth in shock before I started crying again. Greyson was still on one knee, watching me.

    I laughed and nodded. “Yes!”

    His smile was priceless. He got up, and slid the ring onto my finger. His hand was shaking, probably because he was nervous. I stared at the ring.

   “It’s beautiful.”

    “As are you.” Greyson nodded once, still smiling. “The wedding obviously wont be anytime soon, because we’re seventeen.. but-”

    “April 23, 2016. We’ll be 18 by then. Plus, its the date we joked about when we were 13.” I smiled.

    “You remember that?”

    “Of course.” I half smiled at him as he hugged me again. Over his shoulder I noticed Cody and Natalie standing there.

    “Hey!” I smiled at them, pulling away from Greyson, but still keeping an arm around him. “Did you know about this?!”

    They were both smiling really big.  Natalie nodded first.

    “Cody told me.” She giggled.

    I rolled my eyes and sighed.

    Emily was smiling big. “Congratulations,” She whispered in my ear as she hugged me. She then stepped back, holding Jakes hand. I felt like I was dreaming. I turned to Greyson and placed a hand on his cheek, standing on my toes before lightly pressing my lips to his.

    He was no longer my boyfriend.

        As of this moment, Greyson Chance is my fiance.