Chapter 29

I stopped when I saw someone in front of me, It was one of the guys from before. I swallowed hard and turned to cross the street, until I saw one of them standing there too. I turned to my right, I could see Greyson’s house through a bunch of trees. I was almost there....so close...I could try to run through the bushes, and cut through someones back yard..Until,

another guy blocked my view. Quickly I backed up, bumping into another one. I was surrounded. No way out.

    “Nice to see you again.” The bigger one, who spoke to me earlier said.

    “Get away from me.” I spat.

    “Or what sweetie? I’m a lot bigger then you.” He smiled.

    I kicked him in the shin, and he bent down in pain, I smiled, “Now we’re the same height.” I bolted away from them.

    “GET. HER!” He screamed.

    The smallest one ran after me, he grabbed me from the back, and brought me to the ground kicking my stomach. I screamed in pain, rolling to my side.

    I heard more footsteps. Oh god, just make it fast. I closed my eyes tight.

    “What do you think your doing?” A familiar voice asked, with an amazing accent. My eyes welled up with tears, I slowly looked up.

    “CODY!” I cried, standing up and scrambling to him. He put himself in front of me, blocking me from the others.

    “I suggest you leave now.” Cody glared at the one who kicked me. Cody was much bigger then him. He stepped forward, the other guy ran. But the big one walked forward.

    “Can I help you?” He looked at Cody.

    “Yeah, leave.” Cody swung, hitting the other guy on the jaw with an awful cracking sound. I jumped back and sat on the ground again, still clutching my stomach. I cried as Cody pushed the guy back again. Screaming when he tried hitting Cody back. Eventually He got up and ran away with the others. Cody slowly turned to me.

    “..Rachel?” He scooted down and looked at me, “You ok?”

    I couldn’t stop crying so he just picked me up in one hand, and my bag in the other. He got us out of the middle of the street and to the sidewalk, where he gently sat me down. He sat next to me, and waited until I could speak.

    “T-thank you,” I stuttered. I sat on his lap and cried into his shoulder some more.

    “Its all right, They’re gone.” He rubbed my back and sighed.

    “What are you d-doing here?” I rubbed my eye.

    “I dunno, I was with Greyson and I just..had a feeling. I’m glad I did.” He looked at me. “Now, what are you doing here?”

    “I-i was walking to s-see Grey.” I sighed. Rubbing my eyes again.

    “Well, C’mon, lets go see him. I know he can make you feel better more then I can,” He stood up, holding out his hand. I took it and stood too, bitting my lip to keep from screaming. I lifted up my shirt, my whole stomach was black and blue.

    “Rachel..” Cody shook his head, his eyes wide.

    “Do me a favor?” I looked at him.

    “Anything, what is it?”

    “Don’t tell Greyson.”