Chapter thirteen

I woke up to a room full of people.

    “Uh.. Hi,” I looked around.

    Alli, Cody, Scott, Tanner, Alexa, and Natalie were all there.

    “Where’s Lis- Ah, I mean Mom?” I was so confused..

    “The nurse wanted to talk to her,” Alexa said. her voice calm.

    “Oh..” We sat in silence for a minute, until Lisa walked in again.

    Her eyes were red. More bad news.

    “So..?” Scott looked at her.

    “She told me his..his coma..could be...permanent.”

    I looked at Greyson, then back up.

    “Wait...permanent...like..like forever? As in I’ve done it again, I’ve managed to screw things up.” I threw my hands in the air and sat up.

    They all just looked at me. Lisa walked to Scott and sat next to him. Natalie and Cody were so close you couldn’t fit a pice of paper between them, and Alli was leaned against the wall in the corner. By lunch time, Everyone had eaten, except for me. They tried getting me to, but I wouldn’t. They tried getting me to leave, and get some air, but I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t do anything except lay next to Greyson, with his hand in mine.

    A week went by. Me and Greyson in the same position. The nurses had to force me to eat. No one really spoke much when they were in the room. Well, I did anyway, but I was mostly just talking to Greyson. It took two weeks before Alli got me to leave the room.

    She brought me down the hallways, she brought me to the food court. Basically anywhere. I would leave the room now, but not the hospital. Natalie brought me clothes from my house in a bag. The nurses still had to force me to eat. I was getting thinner and weaker. But I didn’t care.

    “Please, just eat.” Cody put his French fries  -which were covered in ketchup - in front of me. I pushed them back.

    “No thanks.” My voice was a whisper.

    “Rachel.” Alli shook her head. “If you were in Greyson’s position, you would want him to eat, wouldn’t you?”

    “Of course, but I’m not in Greyson’s position. As much as I’d like to be Im just not, Ok? This guilt thing doesn’t work anymore Alli, its been three weeks.” I shook my head.

    Cody sighed and looked down.

    “Please?” He looked up at me though his eyelashes. I looked down at his food in front of me, i picked up a fry and ate it.

    “Happy?”

    “Three more, please?” Cody pushed them closer to me. I picked up a few more and shoved them in my mouth. Cody half smiled, Alli handed me a water bottle.

    “Drink.” I looked at her through the corner of my eye. She was looking at me seriously, “I’m done playing games with you Rachel.”

    I took the bottle from her and took a small sip from it.

    “Sometimes, you guys get really annoying.” I shook my head, “But thanks.” I looked up at both of them.

    They smiled, I did too.

    “You know what we have to do, right?” I looked at them both. They looked at each other confused.

    “No..what?” Cody asked.

    “We have to tell his fans whats really going on with Greyson. We have to tell them...they have just as much of a right to know as we do. They’re his family too.”

Alli and Cody looked at each other, then at me.

    “All right then, lets go talk to Lisa about it.” Alli said.