Chapter 21

Someone else opened the door while we were all talking, I heard a familiar voice as she walked in.

    “HELLO!” She called. Greyson’s eyes lit up.

    “Ellen!” Everyone made room for her in our ‘circle’.

    “How are you?” She smiled.

    “I’m great.” He smiled back.

    They talked for a while too. It was amazing to have so many smiles and laughs in a room that had been so full of tears the day before. They talked..and talked and talked. Eventually, everyone sat in an actual seat. (Except for me of course, I was still next to Greyson).

    Alexa, stood up and kissed her brothers cheek, then excused herself to go back home and finish her shower, because her mother turned the water off on her this morning. She left, and Tanner looked at me.

    “I told you to take care of my little brother..and you did. We all know he wouldn’t be awake right now if it wasn’t for you. Thank You.” He looked at me seriously and gave me a hug. It meant a lot coming from him, Tanner and I didn’t talk much. I wiped my eye with my sleeve. Greyson kissed my cheek and smiled. By now it was only 9:45 in the morning.

    I felt sick. Maybe its just too much excitement or something. But I really felt awful. I excused myself and quickly went into the bathroom, I slammed the door and threw up.

    I frowned and brushed my teeth to get the taste out of my mouth. I sat on the floor, and I heard a knock.

    “Rachel?” It was Alli’s voice. “Can..can I come in?”

    “Yeah..” I said it weakly. I was shaking.

    She opened the door just enough for her to slip inside. She sat next to me on the floor.

    “Are you all right?” She rubbed my back, I shook my head. She frowned. “Are you hungry?” I shook my head. “You sure?”

    “I’m not hungry Alli.”

    “I think you should eat something. Please?”

    I agreed, and sighed. I stood up, and felt as if nothing happened.

    “I’m fine now..” I looked at her.

    “Um..You sure?” She looked confused.

    “Yeah, positive.”

    “..All right, still eat please?” She gave me a puppy dog face. “It would make me feel better..”

    “Fine,” I rolled my eyes and smiled at her. We walked out of the bathroom, I looked up at Greyson first. He looked worried. I half smiled at him and went to sit back down. Everyone was looking at me. Alli left to get me something to eat. She came back with a small bag of chips, french fries, and a hot dog.

    She put it in front of me.

    “Eat.”