Chapter three & four

“Come on,” Cody stood up. “Wipe your little eyes and lets go. Greyson’s waiting. Don’t cry your heart out,” He held out a hand. I took it and stood up, laughing slightly at his awful joke. He smiled and I wiped my eyes. I had to be strong. For Greyson. For his family..

    We walked into the room and Greyson was sleeping again. A nurse lightly knocked on the door and asked for Lisa.

    “Whats wrong?” I stared at the nurse. I was panicking.

    “Well...you come too. Its best you hear it from me.” I looked at Greyson and walked out the door with his mom and the nurse.

    Once we were safe outside the door, the nurse spoke.

    “We have some news.” She looked at Lisa and I.

    “Good? Bad?” I shook my head.

    “..Both.”

    “Go on..”

    “Good news...Is he’s getting better. Bad news..”

    “Yeah?” Lisa was anxiously waiting.

    “He might not play piano again.” She looked at us.

    “Wait wait wait...excuse me?” I was in shock.

    “His hand got crushed. Its going to take a while to get them strong enough. If he even remembers how to play. He hit his head pretty hard.”

    “I- Well..” I was out of words. If he can’t play..he’ll be devastated.

    “Thats not all.”

    “WHAT?” I hated myself. Not only did I give him a pretty good chance at never playing piano again, I did something else?

    “I said he was getting better...so far. He lost a lot of blood in the crash. He’s weak. Probably lost more then I’ve seen in a while..”

    “So, your telling me..He’s actually dying as we speak.” My voice cracked on the word ‘Dying’.

    “Im sorry.”

    Lisa put a hand to her head. I stepped closer to her and pulled her in for a hug.

    “I’ll leave you two alone now. Don’t worry. He’s a strong boy.” She placed a hand on my shoulder before walking away.

    After controlling our tears, Lisa and I walked back into the room where everyone was waiting. I opened the door and stepped inside.

    “Well?” Alli looked at me. I couldn’t speak. I just walked over to the bench by the window and sat down. I shook my head and bit my lip. My eyes wandered to where Greyson was.

    I pulled out my phone and tweeted “They gave us good news and bad news. Im speechless. Don't worry though. Grey’s tough.” I went to Cody’s profile. I scanned through his tweets ‘Greyson will be fine, he’s awake.’

    Then I went to Alli’s... I looked at her most recent tweet. ‘Greyson woke up, he’s not his usual self yet, but he’s ok.’

    I hated myself for this. I leaned my head on the wall next to me and watched Greyson breathe.

Chapter 4 -

    My eyes slowly opened. The light in the room was different, I must of fallen asleep. I sat up.

    “Hello,” Ellen, looked at me from the other side of the room.

    “Ellen!” I whispered it. I Smiled and got up to hug her. “Did he wake up?”

    “No,” She shook her head and watched him. I did the same.

    “Have you been here long? Where is everyone?” I sat in the chair next to hers.

    “Just 20 minutes. I convinced them to go eat. Its not good to be here for a long time.” I nodded.

    “Thanks for coming,”  She smiled. “Greyson’s going to be happy to see you.”

    As if he heard me, Greyson opened his eyes.

    “Ellen!” He sat up a bit and smiled.

    “I told you,” I laughed.

    “Hey Greyson” Ellen got up and walked over to the chair next to the bed.

    “What are you doing here?” Greyson asked.

    “I had a few minutes before my show, so I thought i would stop by..”

    “Oh.”

    They talked for a while, until Ellen had to leave. She promised to be back later though.

    By then Greyson was sleeping again. Still no sign of anyone else. I was laying in the bed next to him. Watching him sleep. He looked peaceful.

    I looked down at his hand. It was all wrapped up. Another thing, that was my fault.

    ---Flashback. ---

    “Hey hey, you missed the turn!” Greyson laughed and pointed to the road i was supposed to be on.

    “Oops,” I smiled and turned onto a different road.

    We were at a red light for what felt like forever.

    “See, we could of avoided this, but you missed the turn.” Greyson laughed, he was teasing me.

    “Pfft, you could of drove there bud” I smiled.

    “Yeah, yeah, yeah,”

    ---End Flashback. ---

    Greyson moved next to me. His eyes opened and he smiled when he saw me laying next to him.

    “Hey GBear.” I smiled.