Chapter 92

March 18, 2015.

    So this is how Greyson felt. I tried moving my arms and legs, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t see anything... it was just...black. I could hear what was going on around me, but not very well.

    “Greyson, I am afraid Rachel may not make it out of this alive.”  A voice said, one that sounded close... but far away.

    So I was dying?

    The last thing I remember was the nurse in the hospital going “Congratulations guys, its a boy!” and showing me my beautiful baby. My little Jeydon was alive. He made it. Even if he was born a moth early. He’s taken his first breath. He’s so perfect. I wish I could hold him though...

    I pulled away from the memory and focused on Greyson’s voice.

    “But she can’t be!” I heard him stand up.

    I tried to move again, let them know I was fine...but I couldn’t do it.

    “We can keep her here, but she’s been unconscious for awhile now. I don’t think she’ll show any signs of imp-”

    There was a long stretched out beeping sound. My heart stopped. Literally. I felt myself being sucked away, just pulled back. Was I gaining consciousness? By Greyson’s worried cries I didn’t think so.

    “HELP HER!”  Was the last thing I heard him say.

------------

     “Hello?”  I called, walking around. “Is anyone here?” My voice echoed throughout the empty space. I heard movement behind me. I turned around to see someone standing there.

    “...Mom?” I asked. She smiled and nodded. I looked around. There was really nothing to see. “What happened to me?”

    She stepped closer. She was so pretty... it was hard to believe I was related at all.

    “Well,” She spoke softly. The sound of her voice made me want to cry, and hold her and never let go. “I think you know the answer to this.”

    “Am... Am I dead? Is all of this real?”

    She half smiled. “Dead... not exactly. This is only real if you believe it is.”

    Confused and frustrated, I collapsed on the ground, covering my face with my hands.

    “Why weren’t you with me all this time. You don’t even know how much I’ve needed you. You didn’t have to go.”

    I looked up. She sat on the ground next to me. She was so young. She half smiled and pushed a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

    “I’ve been here Rachel. Every day I watch over you, making sure you’re ok. I’m so sorry for not physically being there. When your dad died I just...I didn’t know what to do. I missed him. I didn’t think there was any possible way to be alive without him. Its like how you felt with Greyson.”

    I wiped my eye with my sleeve.

    “Are you and dad mad at me?”

    She looked confused, “Of course not, why would we be?”

    “Because of Jeydon.”

    She shook her head and hugged me. “No, not at all. It would of been better if you waited a bit but...Greyson’s a good kid. I approve.” She laughed a little. I hugged her again.

    “I miss you.”

    “I miss you too.” She sighed and pulled away, standing up. She held out a hand and pulled me up too.

    “How’d you do it?” I asked.

    “Do what?”

    “...Kill yourself. It didn’t hurt, did it?”

    “Why are you asking me this?”

    My mind instantly went to Greyson. I made him promise not to...but if I am dead... who knows. I prayed he wouldn’t. I know he’s smarter than that.

    “Just...just because.”

    She put a hand on my shoulder. “Greyson’s fine.” She said as if reading my mind.

    “You are too,” A voice from behind me said.

    I turned around, smiling. “Daddy,” I started crying again.

    “Hey princess.” I hugged him and mom, crying.

    “You’re so beautiful.” He sighed. “Now. I suggest going back before Greyson joins us here too.”

    My mother hit him.

    “I was kidding!” He put his arms up. They smiled at each other.

    I watched as they looked into each others eyes. I smiled knowing I had a love like theirs. Without a warning, They kissed my cheek and said goodbye. Before I could ask where I was going, everything went black again.