Chapter 54

Nat left an hour later. Greyson was sleeping, and I was alone. I was nervous for tomorrow, I was horrified of what the doctor was going to say to me. I knew either way, I was going to cry. For sure.

    I sat on the edge of Greyson’s bed and watched him sleep. It sounds creepy, I know, but he’s cute when he sleeps. After a while I just laid on his floor, staring at the wall, where eventually, I feel asleep.

---

    “Um...Rachel...You all right?” I slowly opened my eyes to see Greyson kneeling on the floor, staring with wide eyes.

    “Yeah...I’m fine. Why are you up so early?” I looked at the clock, it was 9:45.

    “Set my alarm. C’mon, get off the floor.” He stood up and held out a hand. I took it, and he pulled me up. “We go to the doctors Today.”

    I frowned, so did Greyson.

    “Hey..” He put a finger under my chin, “It’ll be ok.” He smiled and kissed my cheek, before leaving for the bathroom to get ready.

    After ten minutes of sitting alone, Cody walked into the room.

    “Cody!” I smiled.

    “Hey Rachel, how are you?”

    “All right I guess.”

    Greyson walked out wearing a pair of shorts, shaking his head, water flying everywhere.

    “Greyson! Stop that!” I laughed, getting hit with the water. “You’re not a dog, silly.”

    He poked his tongue out at me before waving at Cody, grabbing a shirt, and slipping it on.

    I grabbed my clothes and took my turn in the bathroom, coming back out fully dressed a half hour later.

    “Ready to go?” Cody took his car keys out of his pocket.

    I let out a breath and looked at Greyson. “Yes.”

    It was a quiet drive to the hospital, Greyson sat in the backseat with me. We pulled up in front of the hospital, and got out of the car. Greyson took my hand, holding it tight as we walked into the building.

    ----

    “We’ve gone through the tests...” The Doctor, who’s name was too hard to pronounce, sat on a stool in front of Greyson, Cody and I.

    “And?” Cody asked, anxious to hear the news.

    “There really isn’t an easy way to put this..” My heart sank, and I could already feel the tears coming. “But, theres a 95% chance your baby wont make it. The best thing to do, it abort. Its going to be too hard to deal with later, and I can’t promise you’ll stay healthy through this either.”

    I could feel everyone watching me. I took a deep breath before answering.

    “I don’t care. I’m gonna keep it.”