Chapter 94

Chapter 94. 

Still Greyson’s POV

“Greyson?” She mumbled. 

“Hey,” I smiled at her, she smiled back.

“You saw Jey?” Her eyes lit up. 

“Yeah... I did. He’s perfect.” 

Before she could say anything there was a knock on the door. Natalie stepped in. 

“Surprise!” She smiled at Rachel. In her arms was my little boy. 

“Oh my god.” Rachel slowly sat up, her eyes starting to water. 

Natalie smiled as Cody followed behind her, closing the door. 

“Isn’t he just the cutest? I had to teach his father how to hold him though.” She teased me. “Don’t worry, I got their whole first meet on video.” 

“Natalie you’re the best,” She smiled. 

“I know.” She laughed lightly. “Well. Would you like to meet him?” She asked. 

Rachel eagerly nodded, sitting up a little more. I backed away from the bed, sitting in the chair. Cody was sitting in the chair on the other side of the room, just watching everything. I watched as Natalie carefully placed Jeydon into Rachel’s arms. I watched as Rachel’s eyes slowly started to fill with more tears. I watched the smile appear on her face. I watched Natalie record the whole thing, making more comments to Cody that made him uncomfortable. I sat and wondered if maybe what Rachel and I had done wasn’t a mistake. Maybe it was meant to be this way. It was too early to tell if everything with Rachel and Jeydon was going to run as planned. Too early to know if one of them would have to suffer far worse than the other in a fight to stay alive. Rachel was weak, and Jeydon was premature by a whole month. I sat and watched as they bonded, not wanting to look away in fear they would both vanish. They were my everything now. I looked at Rachel’s hand. On her finger was the engagement ring. Soon enough, she would be mine for the rest of our lives. We could be an official family, the three of us. 

“Greyson come here a sec would ya?” Natalie said. I stood up, walking over to her.  “Sit with Rachel, I want to take a picture of you three.” I did as I was told. Rachel looked up at me for a second. Our eyes met and she smiled bigger than I’ve ever seen her smile before. She kissed my cheek and brought her attention back to Jeydon. I watched him too as he looked up at us with bright blue eyes when Natalie took the picture. 

“It’s so cute!” She squealed. “I’m getting a copy of this.” She nodded. 

Jeydon fell asleep again. He was so little. Unbelievably little.. I couldn’t grasp the fact that he was mine. I don’t even care that I’m a seventeen year old with a son. I don’t care that I’ve asked my girlfriend to marry me and we’re only going to be 18 at the time. I don’t know what the future holds after that, or even until then. All I know is right now, I am the luckiest guy on the planet.