Chapter 75

We walked outside, quickly catching up with the others.
    “oh my GOD. Rachel, how did you live here? I’m freezing!” All turned to me rubbing her arms.
    “Alli, its 43 degrease in October. This is actually pretty warm.” I laughed and took off my sweatshirt, giving it to her. “She’s Australian.” I shrugged and looked at Jake. He laughed and Alli stuck her tongue out at me. Greyson, was oddly quiet. His face was pale. He didn’t look ok. At all.
    We made it to the bus, Jake and Emily rode in Em’s car. The second we got on the bus, I went to Greyson’s bunk, and took out his pill bottle, taking one out. Then I walked back over to him.
    “Take it.” I held it out. He just looked at me.
    “I’m fine.” He shook his head.
    “Greyson.”
    “I don’t need it, Rachel. I promise, I’m fine.”
    “Greyson. Please.”  I begged, he shook his head.
    “I’m all right.” He kissed my cheek and left the room.
    For some reason, That Really upset me. If it wasn’t for the fact that the bus stopped, I would of locked myself away in my bunk by now. My stomach hurt. All of a sudden I felt really sad.
    I walked off the bus, and met up with my brother. Emily put a finger to her lips then took Jake and I’s hands.
    “They don’t know either of you are here. I just said I would stop by to say hello. So Jake, you come inside in about 3 or 4 minutes, ok? Rachel, you and your friends can quietly follow after.” She smiled.
    Lisa stayed on the bus, Alli stayed with her so she wasn’t completely alone. Greyson and Cody, came with me.
    While I was standing inside the hallway though, it was Cody’s hand I was holding. Not Greyson’s.
    “Hey Gram,” Emily walked into the kitchen smiling.
    “Emily! Good to see you dear! I’ve made dinner!”
    “Oh wow..” Emily laughed. “You have. Its a good thing you’ve got more company.”
    “What do you mean?” I couldn’t see my grandma from this angle, but the second Jake stepped forward I did too, just not walking into the room. Only enough to see her reaction.
    She didn’t say anything, she just stood there and stared at him, as if she was confused. Then she started crying. Jacob smiled and hugged her.
    “I missed you!” She said.
    “I missed you too,” Jake smiled.
    “I thought you weren’t coming home yet!”
    “I thought it would be good to surprise you. But, I’m not the only one here to see you...”
    I panicked. Grandma had a confused look on her face, and Jacob turned to me, pulling me into the room. I watched as her face slowly changed. She was crying again.

    “No...Rachel?”
    I laughed and wiped my eye, realizing I was now crying too.
    “Thats me,” I smiled.
    “You’ve gotten so big! Oh goodness! You look just like your mother! Come here, give me a hug!” She quickly walked over, taking me in her arms. I smiled and hugged back.
    I could not believe this was happening to me.
    “Well, lets eat, shall we?” She smiled and we followed Emily to the dining room. Greyson and Cody awkwardly followed. My grandmother stood in front of them and stared.
    “Hmm..”
    “This is Greyson and Cody.” I said, she nodded.
    “Are they friends of yours?”
    “Yeah, Greyson’s my boyfriend and Cody’s my best friend..”
    She smiled, “Then they’re my grand-babies too! Why are you boys so thin? Do you not eat? Come here, I’ll fix that. You’re like a stick! Rachel you too! Come now.” She pulled us along into the dining room.
I turned my head to look at Greyson. He was smiling, but it was fake. I could tell.     Something was wrong.