Chapter 59

“I don’t know if I should ‘aw’ or be disgusted.” Alexa’s eyes went from me to Greyson.

    “Then don’t do either,” Greyson stuck his tongue out at his sister.

    “Its almost as bad as when you call him GreyGrey, or Greyboo, or something weird like that,” Alexa teased me. “I can’t really blame you for GBear though, we called him that before you were around.” She laughed.

    “But he’s my GreyGrey.” I giggled and kissed Greyson’s cheek. He hated almost all of the nicknames I gave him, this was one of them.

    He groaned, “yuck,”

    I laughed and watched as Lydia skipped back into the room.

    “Grandpa says you gotta go eat.” She smiled and left the room. It was almost 6:00. I sighed and got up, pulling Greyson with me.

    “Tell them I’m not eating with them tonight, I’ve got a date.” Alexa stood up fixing her shirt.

    “If they’ll listen, your mother isn’t speaking to me.” Greyson sighed. “And what date?”

    “The Burnham boy. Alex.” She stood up.

    “Oh my gosh I love his brother Forrest!” I smiled and clapped. Greyson looked at me through the corner of his eye.

    “What? ..he’s cute. He’s older then me though,” I shrugged. Greyson rolled his eyes, getting jealous.

    “I’m older than you too.”

    “By 5 months and a day. Honestly Greyson.” I giggled, “Forrest is cute, but my GreyGrey is sexy. Plus, its your baby in me, not his.”

    “OKAY, sorry I brought it up,” Alexa’s eyes got wide. “I don’t want to know anymore about this then I have to. Out you go!” Alexa shooed us out of her house, causing me and Greyson to laugh.    

    The laughing stopped the second we stepped into the dining room though. Lisa was still ignoring us. As I had a feeling she would be for a while. Lauren was sitting next to one of the empty seats, so either Greyson or I had to sit next to her. The other person got the pleasure of sitting next to Greyson’s mother.

    I ended up next to Lauren.

    “Alexa won’t be coming, she has a date tonight.” Greyson spoke up.

    “Thats fine,” Scott said. “It’ll be good for her, after that Drew kid.”

    “Don’t even say his name.” Greyson shook his head.

    Drew used Alexa to get his ex girlfriend jealous. Things got way out of control with that.

    “I agree, it will be good for Alexa. I know I can trust her,” Lisa said.

    “Whats that supposed to mean.” Greyson narrowed his eyes.

    “It means Alexa’s a good girl and wont go fooling around.” She answered calmly.

    “Won’t go fooling around? Honestly mother.” Greyson leaned back in his chair. “You’d think I’m five or something. If your going to yell at me about it, at least use the word. Yes, I got my girlfriend pregnant, everyone in this house knows it. Yes, I’ve had se-”

    “Greyson don’t you even.” Lisa began.

    “No I’m going to say it! I had sex with my girlfriend. Twice. Ok? Yell at me, go on.” Greyson stood up.

    My cheeks got pink, through the corner of my eye I could see Lauren, holding her breath, trying not to laugh.

    “Oh Mrs. Chance,” Lauren said in a sweet, innocent voice. “Everyone makes mistakes, I’m sure they meant to wait until they were married, I mean, thats what I would do, anyway.” She gave a fake smile, and I suddenly had the urge to punch her.

    “Thank you Lauren. See, Greyson, why couldn’t you be with someone like her, who wouldn’t push you into something when your clearly not ready.”

    I felt like I just got slapped in the face. Greyson’s hands balled up into fists. He tried to think of something to say. I calmly got up from the table.

    “Excuse me.” I turned to leave.

    “Running away from your problems again?” Lauren asked. I stopped.

    “What did you just say to me?”

    “I said-”

    “Oh, I heard what you said. My problem is you right now.”

    “Me?” Her mouth formed an ‘O’ as if she was shocked.

    “Yeah YOU. You know why? Because you can’t mind your own business! You want me and Greyson to spilt so bad your willing to lie to everyone.” I said through my teeth. before I could continue, Lisa stopped me.

    “Don’t yell at Lauren for something you and Greyson did!”

    “MOM. She’s not yelling at Lauren!” Greyson put his hands up.

    “SCOTT.” Lisa looked at her husband, searching for support.

    “You are all over reacting.” He stood up and walked away. The yelling continued and I just walked up to Greyson’s room, a few minutes later as I was packing my bags Greyson came in.

    “What are you doing?”

    “Leaving.” I wiped my eye.

    “They don’t mean it Rachel, you can’t believe them,” He got on his knees next to me, holding my hands so I would stop putting clothes in my bag. I pulled away and started packing again.

    “I can’t take being yelled at Greyson,” I shook my head, “You know the worst part? She’s right. Your mom was right, I made you do it. Its my own fault.”

    “No, Rachel. Its not. I wanted it too,” He shook his head, “I wouldn’t of done it if I didn’t.”

    “But you did Greyson. In January, you were just...I could tell, but I was too selfish to think of it. And I’m sorry for that.”

    “Please, don’t go.” Greyson whispered as I stood up, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

    “I got myself into this mess, and I need to figure a way out of it. I’ll be back tomorrow.” I sighed.

    “I love you.”

    “and I love you.” I kissed him before walking out of his room, and out of the house.