Chapter 95

May 2, 2015 * Rachel’s POV

    “You can do it.” Greyson encouraged me.

    “No, I can’t. I really can’t.” I sat inside Greyson’s old car.

    “Oh come on Rachel, you’re going to have to drive sometime...”

    “Nuh Uh. I can’t do this.”

    He sighed and opened the passenger door and got in.

    “What on earth do you think you’re doing.” I looked at him with wide eyes.

    He just looked at me.

    “Greyson, if I can’t drive alone I definitely can’t dive with someone else in the car.”

    “Well,” He began, “Then I’ll get out, if you promise to at least go around the block once. Nothing bad is going to happen, I promise.”

    “You promise?” I asked.

    He leaned in and kissed me. “I’m going to check on Jeydon, he’s probably awake by now. If you really don’t want to drive just yet, I completely understand and I’m ok with that. We’ve got plenty of time back in California.” He smiled, leaning in to kiss me again before getting out of the car to check on our son. 

Our son. I thought. I watched Greyson walk inside the house. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. When I opened them, I looked at my engagement ring. In less than a year, Greyson would officially be mine. Although he said his heart belonged to me the second we met.

    I turned on the car and slowly drove out of the driveway. I was kinda shocked I remembered how to drive at all. I drove along the road, more comfortable than I thought I would be. I made my way down to a nearby hotel. It might of been a bad idea, considering this is where Cody was staying with Natalie. The whole outside is bound to be filled with paparazzi. 
    They weren’t aware Greyson was still here. They knew he came, but thought he had left to go back to California last week. They didn’t know about Jeydon, or that Greyson and I were getting married. My sleeves were long enough to cover the ring on my hand, so hopefully it wont be a problem. I pulled into the parking lot and sure enough, I was right. 
    At first when I stepped out, none of them had noticed me. As I got closer to the door, one of them called my name.

    “RACHEL! OVER HERE!” 
    The rest of them noticed me after that. I ignored them and their questions about Greyson and I. Although I couldn’t help but laugh at one of their comments. 
    “So are you and Greyson done for good then?” 
    So they really bought the whole fake fight thing? Idiots.

    I continued into the hotel, making my way up to Cody’s room, knocking on the door. It opened after a few seconds.

    “Hey! Rachel!” Natalie smiled before raising an eyebrow. “Where’s Greyson?!”

    “At home.” I smiled.

    “...Is someone here with you?”

    “No, I drove myself.” I said proudly.

    “Rachel that’s wonderful!” She smiled and hugged me, pulling me inside. I closed the door and sat in a chair. 
    Cody walked out of the bathroom.

    “Oh hey,” He smiled. “Where’s Greyson?” He asked.

    “Rachel drove herself.” Natalie told him.

    “Really?” His eyes got wide.

    “Yeah, I used Greyson’s car.”

    “I hate driving that thing,” Cody said. I laughed.