Chapter 30

Cody looked at me for a second. “Why not?”

    “Because the nurse told me the stress isn’t good for him.. It could send him back into a coma..I can’t..Cody..I..”

    “Shh, Its all right.” Cody hugged me again, and took my hand, he picked up my bag too. “Come on,” He smiled and lightly tugged my arm. I smiled back and walked with him back to Greyson’s house.

    “Next time call me, please.” Cody looked at me, his face serious.

    “I didn’t want to bother anyone..” I sighed and wiped my eye with my sleeve.

    “That worked oh so well,” He teased. I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed.

    We were in front of Greyson’s house by now,we got in front of the large black gate, and I typed in the number for them to open. We walked down the path and I took out my key., unlocking the door. I heard a sound I wasn’t expecting when I opened the door...

    The piano.

    I gave Cody a confused look, and he just shrugged. We quietly walked up the stairs, It was dark, but I made my way to Greyson’s door. I pressed my ear against it, hearing the familiar tune of ‘Fire’ by Augustana..except, there was something missing to it. I slowly opened the door, to find Greyson sitting on the piano bench, just using one hand to play. He frowned when he messed up and looked at his other hand, which by now was out of the cast. He gently placed it on the keys, but when he went to play, he couldn’t. I slowly walked forward, he didn’t notice me at first. Cody came in behind me.

    “Here, you use your good hand, I’ll do the other,” I smiled as he turned to face me. He made room on the bench, I sat next to him - ignoring the pain in my stomach - and put my hand on the keys. He smiled and started playing, so did I.

    “That actually sound pretty good.” Cody laughed.

    “Well of course it does,” I smiled, “Its the amazing Greyson Chance” I winked at Greyson who just laughed.

    “Well, Greyson Chance isn’t amazing without Rachel Price.” He smiled and kissed my cheek.

    I rolled my eyes and stood up, bitting the inside of my cheek to keep from screaming, Cody gave me a worried look. I just shook my head.

    “I’m tired. I dunno about you, But I’m going to bed.” I walked over to my bag and got out a pair of shorts and a shirt, then walked into Greyson’s bathroom to change.

    I lifted up my shirt again, looking at my stomach. He didn’t even kick me that hard, I just..I don’t understand why it looks so awful.

    Probably just because I haven’t been eating. Yeah. Thats it. I frowned and changed, and walked out of his bathroom, just leaving my clothes in his hamper. I’d do his laundry tomorrow.

    Cody was laying across Greyson’s couch, with his iPod out. Greyson had moved from the piano to his own bed.

    I walked to Cody and poked his head.

    “Not gonna change Coddyyy?” I went to poke him,  but he stuck his tongue out, and it touched my finger.

    “EW!” I laughed and wiped it on his shirt. Greyson was smiling on the other side of the room. I sighed and walked over to him, stopping quickly, to take out my small, Grey bear.