Chapter six

We walked together down the hallway until me made it to the small dunkin donuts. We both got  iced tea and sat down. Alli obviously trying to think of something to say.

    “I am so bad at this,” She shook her head. “I should of just had Cody try.” She half smiled.

    “What do you mean?”  I looked up.

    “I feel useless you know?” She laughed. “Because I can’t figure out how to make you smile. Cody could, even if its just for a second.”

    I looked down at my cup, it was half full.

    “Maybe your trying too hard,” I half smiled.

    Alli smiled too. I looked down at my hand. I played with the ring that was on my finger. Greyson gave it to me. We we’re just 14 at the time.

    -Flashback.

“I got you something.” Greyson said, he pulled me close to him.

    “You did?” I tilted my head and leaned my head on his.  Our faces were close, I could feel his breath.

    “Yeah,” He smiled.

    He reached out into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. He stepped back and I gave him a confused look.

    He opened the box and pulled out a ring.

    “Could I see your hand please?” He smiled as I held it out.

    He took my hand, and slid the ring on my finger. He held my hand for a second. When he let go, I looked up it.

    “Foreve..” I looked at him. “Theres no R..just a line”

    “Thats because, forever doesn’t have an ending.” He smiled and kissed my cheek.

    I looked down at the ring. “Foreve_” sounded good to me.

    -End Flashback.

    I remembered how he had gotten a ring that said the same thing on it. He couldn’t wear it now, because of me. The hand it was supposed to be on, was crushed. I bit my lip, desperately fighting back the tears.

    “Can we go back?” I opened my eyes to look at Alli again.

    “Are you sure?”

    “Positive.” I nodded.

    “Ok,” She took my hand and we walked back.

    I didn’t rush to get back, although all I really wanted to do was lay next to Greyson, listen to him breathe, and pretend like everything was all right.

    I wasn’t paying attention when I ran into a girl walking down the halls.

    “Oh, I’m so sorry,” I looked down, she was probably like 13.

    “Wait, your Rachel Price, right?”

    I nodded.

    “Is Greyson ok? I’m a really huge fans. everyone on twitter is freaking. We care too. I’m sorry if this is a bad time..” She bit her lip.

    “He’s fine right now...just tired.” I half smiled. I wasn’t going to tell her he can’t play piano. Not even Greyson knows this yet.

    “Ok, could you tell him his fans hope he gets better soon please?”

    “Of course,” I nodded, she hugged me then turned to Alli to tell her how much of a fan she was.

    When she left, me and Alli kept walking back to Greyson’s room.

    When we were at the end of the hallway, almost to his door, we saw people rushing around it. Cody was standing there, obviously upset with his hands in his hair. He was yelling something, I could hear him over everyone else. I looked closer and saw them moving something out of the room.

    I ran. Alli close behind me, we made it to Cody.

    “What happened?!” I looked at him, he turned to me, his eyes red from crying.