Chapter 39

I stood up and sighed. Walking up to Natalie’s room, feeling a lot better. She looked up when I opened the door.
    “Hey Girly,” She smiled.
    “Hey,” 
    “Where’d you go?”
    “Nowhere,” I shrugged.
    “Oh...ok,” She raised an eyebrow at me.
    “I’m going to bed,” I sighed.
    “Ok, Goodnight..” She got off of her bed, and put her laptop down, shutting off the light.
    “‘G’night,” I laid on her bed, and fell asleep.

    -----
    “Rachel!......Raaaachel.......RACHEL.” I turned around, rubbing my eyes.
    “What do you want Cody?” I thought for a second, and sat up quickly, “Cody?!”
    “Hi,” He grinned.
    “Um....What are you-”
    “I came to see Natalie, but she had to go to the store or something,” He shrugged.
    “What time is it?”
    “9:30.” He laughed.
    “Where’s Greyson?” I asked slowly.
    “Sleeping.” He sighed.
    “...Oh.” I slid out of Natalie’s bed and rubbed my eyes.
    “Wheres my hug?” Cody complained. “I haven’t seen you in like 3 days.”
    I laughed at him, “You big baby,” I yawned and hugged him, then walked downstairs, Cody following close behind.
    I sat on Natalie’s kitchen floor and sighed.
    “What are you doing?” Cody gave me a confused look.
    “Waiting for Natalie to get back.” I smiled at him.
    “..On the floor?”
    “Yes. Why,...do you have a problem with it?”
    “No...You’re very odd, Rachel.” Cody laughed.
    “Why, thank you.”
    “You're uh..welcome.”
    I turned my head when I heard a noise coming from the room next to us, Natalie’s mom walked out.
    “Good morning Amber,” Cody grinned.
    “Hey Cody, Oh Rachel! Didn’t see you there...How’d You sleep?” She moved into the kitchen, turning on the coffee pot.
    “I slept ok I guess.” I shrugged. “I’ve slept better,” I sighed and went to stand up, Cody held out his hand, I took it and he pulled me up to my feet.
    “I didn’t sleep that great at first either, when I was your age.” By that, she meant when she was...pregnant.
    Cody stood there awkwardly, when Natalie came rushing through the door.
    “CODY!” She squealed, setting her bag on the floor, before running to him.
     “Hey!” He smiled and picked her up.
    “How long have you been here?” She smiled.
    “I dunno, 20 minutes? I’ve been bugging Rachel.” He laughed. She turned her head to me. I waved.
    “When can I see GBear?” I asked them.
    “Go get ready...I can take you. I’m supposed to be heading back soon anyway.” Cody shrugged.
    “All right.” I got up, and quickly went upstairs to Natalie’s room.