Chapter five

“Hi,” He looked at me. I put my hand to his head.

    “You have a fever.” I frowned.

    “Nah, I’m just love sick.” He smiled at me.

    “Can you not be heeled?”

    “It happened so quick. Now I’m head over heels.”  He laughed a little.

    “For you cause you’re the love of my heart,”

    “your the match and we’re the spark we fire, we light up the dark.” We laughed at ourselves and then got quiet. We just looked at each other. I laid on my side and faced him. Taking his non-damaged hand in my own. We just stared at each other.

    We both jumped when Cody lightly knocked and opened the door.

    “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you,” He half smiled and walked over to Greyson.

    “Hey Cody,” I smiled and he hugged me, then gave Greyson a light high-five.

    “Hey,” He smiled, “How are ya Greyson?”

    “I’ve been better,” He smiled weakly.

    There was an awkward silence until Alli walked in the room.

    “Greyson! Your up!” She smiled and quickly walked over to him. She placed a vase of flowers on the table next to him and gave him a light hug.

    “Hi, Alli” He smiled.

    “How are you?” This question wasn’t for Greyson, instead she was looking right at me.

    “I’m all right.” I half smiled, which wasn’t completely convincing. The guilt was eating me alive. And Alli could tell. She looked at Greyson.

    “Rachel and I will be right back.” She took my hand and pulled me off the bed. Walking me to the door, giving Cody a look that I didn’t understand.

    Once we were out of the room, she walked me down the hallway, holding my hand as if to make sure I didn’t run back.

    “Your a terrible liar.” She smiled and shook her head. Then her face got serious.  “Its not your fault. You need to understand that.”

    I closed my eyes for a second remembering what happened early yesterday morning.

    Flashback --

Greyson turned the radio on, it was Paparazzi by Lady Gaga. “Hey!” He smiled and started singing. “I’m Your Biggest Fan I’ll Follow You Until You Love Me, Paparazzi...”

    I laughed at him, and started driving again.

    End Flashback--

    I opened my eyes and faced Alli.

    “But it is. He wouldn’t be in there if it wasn’t for me.”  I felt my eyes begin to water as Alli and I got closer to wherever it was she was taking me.

     “Not true Rachel.” She shook her head. We were walking past the gift shop and I looked through the window.

    There was a few things with Greyson’s face on it in there.

    Greyson got really huge a few years ago. Leaving Justin Bieber on one of those ‘Where are they now?’ shows. Now the world is full of ‘Chancer’. He sold out MSG in 11 minutes on November 11th, 2011. The tickets went on sale at 11:00.

    Seeing the picture of him in the gift shop made me cry. It was when he was 12, standing there, smiling in a red sweatshirt.

    “Aw, Rachel,” Alli must have noticed what I was looking at.

    I shook my head. “Lets just go.”