Chapter ten

It took a minute before words he just spoke hit me. I felt myself stumble back a few steps. I looked at Cody, he just looked back at me. My vision blurred. I didn’t know what to say. I looked back at Greyson.

    He was laying there, I’d like to say he looked peaceful, but he didn’t. There was something about his face, that made him look almost uncomfortable.

    I shook my head and sat on the floor.

    “No..he...no he’s just...I..” I tried thinking of something to say, but what do you say when you’ve just found out your boyfriends in a coma?  “What have I done.” I whispered. I put my face in my hands and cried. I felt someone sit next to me. I looked up to see Alli sitting there.

    I took out my phone and went to twitter. ‘Its my fault everything bad, that happens to people i love, is my fault. people suffer because of ME.’ i started a new tweet. ‘Im sick of it, why am I even here?’ i shook my head. I went to Cody’s twitter. His last few tweets were ‘ Don’t talk about Rachel like that, she wasn’t yelling on purpose.’ ‘think about it guys, if you were her, you’d scream too.’ ‘Its just good to know she's all right.’ ‘and yes, Greyson’s not doing so well, but he’s tough.’

    I looked up at him.

    “Cody?” My voice was barley a whisper, but he still heard me.

    “Yeah?” He looked at me.

    “Thank You.” I blinked back more tears. “For everything.”

    He nodded and bit his lip. I stood up and sat in the other chair next to Greyson. There was no way he was in a coma...he just..he couldn’t be.. I just looked at him. He looked just like he was sleeping.

    “How long?” I looked up slowly. “How long is he like this? How long..has he been like this?”

    “He’s been like this since before you and Alli came back..” Cody whispered.

    “six hours.” Lisa looked up at me.

    My mouth dropped.

    We all just sat there for at least an hour. When it came to be 9:00, Alli had to leave with Cody.

    “We’ll come back first thing tomorrow.” Alli whispered to Greyson, like she had some hope he could hear her.

    I hugged Cody and Alli, then watched them leave. Cody hadn’t talked much while he was here, but his face said it all. He looked almost as bad as I did.

    Now it was just me, Natalie, Alexa, Tanner, Lisa, and Scott. We just sat there. Looking at each other. We didn’t know what to say.

    “Rachel...” Alexa said from the other side of the room. I looked up.

    “Yeah?”

    “Tanner and I are going to go now, all right?”

    “Ok..” I slowly nodded. She got up and hugged me.

    Tanner hugged me too, “Take care of my little brother, all right?” He smiled and let go. I smiled too and wiped my eyes. I didn’t even realize I was crying.

    And then there were four. It was 10:00 now, and Lisa was getting tired. Natalie was looking out the window, on the phone with Cody. Alexa hugged her parents and left with Tanner.