Chapter 77

Still Greyson’s Point Of View

    “Aye mate!” Cody came onto the bus, smiling at Jake and I.

    “Well, you seem pretty happy.” I said.

    “Natalie just called. Look who’s on the cover of this magazine,”  He tossed it on my lap, Natalie was there on the cover, hair curled, dressed in a short purple dress and heels, smiling wildly. I couldn’t blame Cody for liking her, she was beautiful. But nothing compared to Rachel.

    “Normally, I hate her doing anything too big. You know? Because I’m selfish and I want her all to myself.” He shrugged. “But I guess its ok.” He smiled and picked the magazine back up.

    “Hey, Where’s Rachel?” He listened for a second. I could easily recognize Heart Like Stone coming from the other room. “Oh man, what did you do this time?”

    I glared at him. He laughed.

    “C’mon Greyson, You know I’m kidding. Rachel’s gotta talk to you sometime today. We’ve got a show tonight!” He smiled and went to turn around, Rachel was standing in the doorway, arms crossed. She looked like she had been crying. Which killed me. Because I knew it was obviously my fault.

        Again.

    “Hey Rachel.” Cody smiled at her. She smiled back, and looked at the magazine in his hands.

    “Hey...is that?” She whispered. Cody’s smile got bigger.

    “Its Natalie, she just called about ten minutes ago. Said she would call you as soon as she could. She misses you, a lot.” Cody held out the magazine, Rachel took it and smiled at the cover.

    “She’s so gorgeous.” She sighed. “Well. Concert starts in like 3 hours. we should head out. Jake..will you come too?” She bit her lip.

    “Um...Yeah, I guess I could...-”

    “You can sleep during sound check if you’re tired..thats what Alli does...and I would love for Emily to come too!” she smiled that sweet smile of hers.

    “How am I supposed to say no to my little sister?” Jake smiled back at her, standing up.

    “Well..I guess you cant.” Rachel shrugged.

    “I’ve just got to change into normal clothes, be right back, ok?” He smiled, kissed her head and left the bus. She turned to me. Half smiled and went into the other room, I could hear movement but I didn’t really know what she was doing. I slowly stood up, and walked to see her. She was moving things around in the back room.

    “What are you doing?” I asked, curiously.

    She looked up, “I lost my phone.” She giggled.

    “I could call it if you’d like..”

    “Nah, its useless. Its on silent.” She bit her lip. I walked farther into the room, she stopped me, lightly tugging on my hand. She swung me so my back was to the wall, kissing the corner of my mouth. I didn’t know what she was doing, but I didn’t stop her. She lightly kissed my lips, barley touching them. Giving me chills.

    I should stop her. I thought. But couldn’t push myself to actually do it. Her lips crashed onto mine then, pressing her body to mine until there was no space between us anymore. My hands were on her back, her arms around my neck, pulling each other closer.

Ok Greyson. Stop now.

    But I didn’t want to. She didn’t break the kiss as she moved to the bed. Sitting on my lap, running her fingers through my hair. My head had stopped bothering me for the moment, and I had forgotten where exactly we were. Which is probably why, I also didn’t notice when the door opened slightly, letting a small glimpse of light fill the room.

    “Um...Excuse me.” Rachel jumped, pulling away.

    “J-Jake!” She stuttered. “..Hey,”

    I wanted to laugh. Another reason for the guy to hate me.

    “What. Are you doing?”

    Rachel bit her lip. Cody walked in behind Jacob, his hand in a box of cereal.

    “Oh..this is awkward.” He said before shoving a handful into his mouth.

    Jake looked at Cody through the corner of his eye.

    “A bit. Yeah.”

    Rachel slowly got off my lap and ducked on the floor, picking up her phone.

    “...Found it..” She let out a shaky laugh, before quickly leaving the room. Jake stared at me for a minute. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking, and it really bothered me. The light from the other room killed my head. Thankfully, he turned and left.