Chapter 84

Greyson had been sleeping on my lap for about an hour now. The nurses thought it was best to let him sleep. When they suggested moving him onto the bed, I kindly refused. It was three when Greyson moved slightly. He lifted his head, rubbing his eyes.

    “...Did I fall asleep?” He whispered.

    I smiled, “Yeah, you did.”

    “Oh...I’m sorry.”

    “No, its ok.”

    He slowly got up, moving to the bed. I stood up too. Natalie and Cody were sitting together, talking quietly. Obviously happy to be together again. Greyson fell back asleep instantly. I looked at the glass on the floor.

    “What exactly happened?”

    “It just knocked over when he fell I guess...” Lauren said quietly.

    I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. Once again, desperately wishing it was me in his place, that had to deal with the pain.

    “I hate seeing him this way.” I whispered.

    “We all do.” Natalie stood up and rested a hand on my shoulder.

------

    “Rachel...” Jake whispered from the corner of the room. “May I see you outside for a minute?”

    I bit my lip, and looked at Greyson. “Sure.”

    Jacob led me outside into the hallway and closed the door behind him.

    “So whats up?” I asked.

    “Um...Please don’t hate me when I try and tell you this but...”

    “...What?”

    “I don’t think you should go on tour with that kid anymore, its not that I don’t trust you...its him, really.”

    “Wait, what? No, I mean I’d have to stop soon anyway but-”

    “I just don’t feel comfortable having you two alone anymore.”

    “Because I’m pregnant.” I stated.

    “Um, Kinda. I guess.”

    I rolled my eyes. “Why are you doing this?!”

    He looked me in the eyes for a moment. “I don’t have to explain myself to you, I’ve already told you why, I’m sorry if you don’t agree, but I hope someday you’ll understand. I’m just trying to help. You can do one more show then I want you to come back and live with Emily and I for a week or so.”

    I didn’t want to disagree with him, or start an argument, but I didn’t want to leave Greyson any sooner than I had to. I just nodded my head and walked back into the room.

-----

    “Don’t go on twitter.” Cody warned me, threatening to take my phone away.

    “Why not?!”

'    “Its not a good idea, trust him Rachel!” Natalie stepped in.

    “I just wanna see!” I logged on, and checked my mentions. Cody’s jaw was locked, his eyes wouldn’t leave my face. 

     It couldn’t be that bad....
    My name was a trending topic.. so I clicked it.

    “Rachel Price is pregnant?! I knew I never liked her.”

    “Poor Greyson, Rachel never thought about what this could do to him.”

    “Rachel Price is such a slut. Didn’t her mommy ever tell her to keep her legs closed?”

    “Would you guys STOP hating on Rachel Price?! She’s a sweet girl!”

    “Ugh. I wish she would just die. And that baby of hers too.”

    “You guys seriously don’t understand what you’re saying. You hurt her you hurt Greyson.”

    “We don’t even know if this is true... but if it is... that girl better watch her back.”

    “CAN SOMEONE JUST KILL THIS RACHEL PRICE GIRL OR.”

    “We all know its Rachel Price’s fault Greyson got into a coma in the first place.”

    “Rachel Price? Oh, the attention whore.”

    “OMG SOMEONE CALL 16 AND PREGNANT.”

    I stopped reading. My eyes were filled with tears. This was a disaster.

    Cody stood up and sat next to me on the floor. Danny was sitting on the other side of me.

    “Don’t listen to them, ok?” He whispered.

    “How can I not, Danny.” I managed between sobs.

    Jamie rolled his eyes. “Let me see your phone.”

    Confused, I handed it to him.

    He gave it back a few seconds later. I went to my profile. “Rumors. Gotta love em.”  was my latest tweet.

    “See, that way, you’re not lying to them, but you’re not telling the truth either.” He smiled at what he had just done. I sighed.

    “They’re still going to hate me.”

    “But maybe a little less.” Cody rubbed my back. I turned my head up to Greyson.

‘its her fault he got into a coma in the first place.’