Chapter 70

It was an hour drive from the airport to where I used to live. The last time I was here was when I was 13 years old. I remembered exactly what it looked like, where everything was...

    My Aunt lived there with me after my mom died. Then I met Greyson...I fell in love..and everything changed.

    “Rachel, which house?” Greyson pulled me away from my thoughts. I smiled and pointed.

    “Thats it.” The car stopped, and I was the first one out of it. I walked up the familiar front lawn, Greyson followed me along with everyone else.

    “Do you have a key...?” Alli asked.

    “Of course,” I smiled and pulled it out of my pocket. I put it in and held the handle for a second, taking a deep breath before pushing it open.

    A flood of emotions hit me all at once, I stepped through the doors and turned left into the kitchen. Lightly touching the counters, walking through into the living room. Everything was still here, the tv, the couch...exactly the way we left it. I made my way up the stairs. I smiled at the door on the right, it was mine. I stopped and turned to Greyson and Cody.

    “Just a warning...your faces are on my wall. A lot.” I opened the door, and flicked on the light.

    “Oh my god.” Greyson stepped in the room.

    The first thing you saw when you walked in, was a whole wall just covered in posters of Greyson. The two walls next to it, was all Justin Bieber, and then Cody and Burnham.

    “This is creepy..” Cody walked through my room, picking up a Justin Bieber Doll.

    “WOAH.” Alli jumped back. I looked to see what scared her.

    “OH! This, Is my Cardboard Cutout!” I walked over and pointed to the Justin Bieber cutout in the corner. “Isn’t it cute?”

    “I had another word, but sure..” Cody laughed. I jumped on my bed and laid there for a second.    

    “You know, I used to have dreams of being THE Cody Simpson’s best friend, having sleepovers with his sister, Alli. Dating the amazing Greyson Chance... I never thought it would actually happen. But look where we are now...” I smiled. “Just because of one concert.” I picked up a picture frame that was on the table next to my bed. I laughed at it, it was from the concert, me kissing Greyson’s cheek. I showed it to him and he smiled. The other picture up there was when I met Cody and Alli.

    Greyson laid on one side of my bed, Cody on the other. We just kinda stayed like that for a minute.

    “How did you sleep with all these eyes just watching you?!” Greyson looked around the room.

    “I got asked that a lot. It wasn’t as bad as you’d think.” I laughed and slowly sat up.

    “I had no idea you were such a Bieber freak.” Cody laughed.

    “Oh yes. It was bad. It was like, Greyson times 7.”

    “Thats bad.” Alli joked.

    “I’ve still never got to meet him though.” I half smiled, “But I guess its ok.”

    “I’ve met him...like four times I think.” Greyson shrugged. “Nice guy.”

    It was quiet for a second. I got up and walked out of my room, down the hall stopping in front of a door, slowly pushing it open. It was my mom and dads room.

    I smiled and walked in, not bothering to turn the light on. I sat on the bed and sighed.

    Greyson walked in slowly.

    “The last memory I have of my parents together, was me having a bad dream, and running in to have daddy chase the monsters out of the closet.” I smiled. “He showed me there was nothing to be afraid of, then took me downstairs for ice cream at 1:30 in the morning. Mum didn’t seem to like that too much though.” I laughed and tried not to cry, “I slept in their room that night. I had no idea that was the last time he’d be able to tell me everything was ok. That someone would take him from me the next morning...”

    Greyson didn’t know what to say, so he just sat down and pulled me into his lap, rubbing my back as I cried.

    “Rachel, I’m so sorry..” He whispered. You could tell he meant it too, it wasn’t just something to say to make me feel better.

    “I want them b-back Grey, Its not fair,” I cried harder and laid on the bed, covering my face with my arms.

    “I know...”

    “Don’t leave me.”

    “Leave you? Rachel, why would I do such a thing?”

    I sat up, “Because I’m an idiot and I can’t do anything right.”

    “No, you’re Rachel, you’re human and you make mistakes. I love you for that. I can promise you now, I won’t ever leave. If I do, then you can run me over with a car, sound like a deal?”

    I half smiled. “I wouldn’t be able to run you over with a car, but sure.” I stood up at the same time he did. I hugged him, and didn’t let go. I didn’t want to let go. Ever.

    And once again I find myself asking the same question... 

“What did I do to deserve someone so Perfect?”