Chapter 79

About 3 minutes later Cody came back out on stage. He scooted down and put his arms around me.

    “The paramedics are on their way. Greyson’s gotten through this before. He can do it again. Ok? Be strong for him, and his fans.”

    He half smiled at me. I stood up slowly, still crying. Jacob was gone from his seat,  where he went I didn’t know. I hugged Cody back and cried harder, trying to control myself.

    “Why him, Cody? I-I just don’t understand.” He shook my head.

    “I don’t know, but you’ve gotta go now. I’ll stay here and keep everyone updated. You go with Alli and Lisa down to the hospital. Ok?” He hugged me one last time before sending me off.

    “Well guys. I’m going to stick around for a bit.” I could hear Cody say into the microphone as I walked away. I went out through the backdoors, as they put Greyson into the ambulance and drove off to the hospital. I sat in the passenger seat of Cody’s truck. Alli drove, Mrs. Chance went with Grey. I couldn’t think at all. Too much is happening too fast. When Alli started the car, the first thing that we heard was Paparazzi. Annoyed, I turned the song off.

-----

    It was just like it was almost two months ago. Sitting in the waiting room. It was 5 in the morning. No one had slept. We all just waited to hear how Greyson was doing. Cody was still at the arena, he said not many people had left either.

    Finally, someone walked in.

    “Family of Greyson Chance?” He asked. I stood up.

    “How is he?”

    “...Follow me, please.” He lead us to the elevator, pressing the button so we went all the way to the 4th floor. My heart stopped. The intensive care unit. I’d been there once before, and that was because Natalie’s Grandfather had been extremely sick. You needed to press a button and ask before you could even get in. Maybe he pressed the wrong button. I thought. But he didn’t. When the doors opened, we walked out. He opened the door for us, and we walked down the hallways upstairs, stopping in front of a large Glass window to a room, covered by a curtain.

“I’ve got to tell you...” The doctor began. “We aren’t completely sure what to make of it yet. He could either just be out of it from hitting his head earlier, or possibly, there is a slim chance that he may very well be in another coma.”

    My knees went weak. I needed Cody. Why did I let him stay at the arena. I couldn’t handle this alone. I just couldn’t.

    “Can...Can I see him?” I asked.

    “If you think you can handle it...”

    I nodded, gripping Alli’s hand. Letting the doctor bring me into the room. Lisa following close behind.

    I didn’t even want to look. But I did.

    And Again. My perfect boy, laying there. Lifeless.