Lilo ~ Prom proposal, AU [engl.]

"Tommo!" Louis turned round and searched the floor for his boyfriend. As he saw Liam running towards him he smiled. "Hey Liam. Where are your friends?", he asked and went on. Liam followed him. "Cafeteria. Hey, where are you going? Don't be mad at me!" Louis rolled his eyes, but he smiled. "Why should I be mad at you?", he asked sarcastic and watched round the corner. Then he turned right and went into a small cleaning room. Liam followed him and locked the door. He turned the light on. "Lou... Don't be mad at me, please! I... I don't know what I did but it has to be serious, so..." Louis sighted. "It's not you. It's your friends, Liam." Liam looked down on the floor. He knew it. Louis and Liam didn't argue a lot, but if they did, it usually was about Liam's friends. "I know, it's always my friends. Just forget them, you know how they are." "Stupid? Violent?" Liam looked back to Louis and bit his lip. "Pull up your shirt." Louis swallowed and shook his head nervously. "Louis, did they hurt you? Pull up your shirt!", Liam said worrying about his boyfriend. But Louis shook his head even more violent. Liam grabbed the shirt. "Liam... t-they...", Louis began, but he was to weak to say anything. The punches made him weak. And the names they called him. The things, they said. The kicks. He tried to smile, but failed. Liam pulled up the shirt and watched Louis' blue and red rips and stomach. Softly he stroke over the colored skin. "Louis...", he whispered and looked down on the Doncaster, realizing that he began to cry. Fast Liam pulled him close and kissed his forehead. "Louis... I... I'm so sorry... Why, I mean, who, I mean... You want to talk about it?" Louis sighted again and tried to swallow his tears. "I... I was alone in the break, cause Niall was with his friends to prepare for his Prom proposal. So I went to the tree in the other side of the yard. But there where Zayn and your other mates, Harry wasn't with them. They saw me and began to make jokes and laugh." He pulled Liam closer, but the taller one couldn't move. This broke his heart. Zayn was one of his best friends, but also one of the biggest reasons why Liam was afraid to out himself as gay. "I... I wanted to go, but Zayn sat down next to me and grabbed my arm. The others came closer too and..." Louis interrupted himself. "I... As the break ended they let me go. I think I was too late for Math's lesson, but I didn't really recognize the time or what my teacher said." Liam shook his head. "I can't believe Zayn is doing this to you. I mean, I wouldn't believe, if I hadn't seen him doing it a few times." Louis smiled softly and went back one step. "Yeah. And you saved me whenever you had the chance to. That's the important thing! Well, another question... You are going to ask Cherly out for Prom, aren't you?" He tried to keep his smile. Liam nodded sadly. "Yeah, I think so. Who are you gonna ask out?" Louis shrugged. "If I'm not dancing with you, I am not dancing with anybody! Sorry Liam, but I don't think I will go to Prom. My last exam in Maths is tomorrow, and after that... It's done." With this words Louis kissed Liam on the cheek and left his boyfriend alone in the cleaning room.

The other day Liam walked to school very nervous. Roses were in his bag, but he tried to hide them. "Hey man!", Zayn greeted him. He waited for Liam in front of the school yard and smoked. Liam coughed. "Why are you always smoking?" Zayn rolled his eyes. "Well, Prom is in six weeks, Payne...", Zayn began, but Liam stopped him. "Oh, C'mon! As if you already asked a girl!" "Hey! I did! Yesterday I asked Veronica. She's following me for years, I think. Anyway, she said 'yes' and I got a date for Prom." Liam rolled his eyes again. Suddenly he saw Niall walking on the yard. "Wait for a second.", he told Zayn and ran over to Niall. "Hey, Niall! Wait!", he shouted and the Irish boy stopped a bit confused. "What do you want?", he asked and went one step back. "I really need your help! It's about Louis..." Niall laughed fake. "Oh, sure! I mean, you are not the one who is hurting Louis all the time. Wait, you are!", he then sad angrily. "I- I know, but..." "No! My answer is no! I can't even understand why Louis doesn't want to quit your "thing"! He always gets hurt, but he never says anything!" With this words Niall left Liam. Zayn walked over. "What's the matter with this blonde guy?", he asked and looked disgusted. "Did he colored his hair himself? Liam, why are you talking to such a nerd?" Liam wanted to answer something, he really did, but he couldn't. It just didn't work! "C'mon now, lesson starts in two minutes and I want to sit in the back row.", Zayn said and left Liam. Liam sighted and followed his best friend into the building. To get the back row would not be a problem, because nobody ever dared to take Zayn's or Liam's place. Or Harry's or the seats of all the others of Zayns Gang.