"Um." Harry said without looking at me.

He has been complaining since I brought him to the supermarket. I'm really trying because I don’t know how to deal with people. I barely know how to deal with Cassie and Marcel, they are my only friends.

"Any favorite ice cream?" I asked, trying to create some conversation.

"I prefer beer." He replies coldly.

I sighed. "You'd rather be now drinking in a bar?" Harry nods and I shake his head in defeat. I grab my bag and get up.

"Where are you going?" Harry asks angrily as he grabs my hand.

"I'm trying to...help or support you... I don’t know but ... um, you don’t seem to want me here with you." I said, trying not to stutter but the attempt was in vain.

"Oh, shit, no, I'm sorry. Of course I want you to stay here; it's just...I am not in the mood. "He says between tangled words. I nodded, sighed and sat back down. "What were you doing with Marcel at the bakery?" He asks, also trying to create a conversation.

"Marcel's mother ordered a cake; she was going to meet some friends."

"So typical, stupid Marcel and his stupid and perfect life. " Harry complains and throws a piece of ice in his mouth.

I shook my head and lay down on the grass to watch the sky.

"Today was a shitty day." Harry mutters while he lies down next to me on the lawn. I bite my lip, have him by my side...makes me feel insecure and nervous.

"Um, seriously?" I barely managed to say.

"Yes. I failed on a test and my mother will not give me money. "

"And your father?"

Harry laughs. "He is traveling and he doesn’t answer my calls." I nodded and I tried to control my breathing. "I can swear that from here I can hear your heart beating," He teases. "will you stay in silence again?"

"N-no." I sighed. "If you want I can help you study for your next exam." I see from the corner of my eye that Harry just nods.

"This is relaxing."

"Look at the sky?" He nods. "I know, is the immediate peace."

"Have you ever felt worthless?" Harry asks, drastically changing the topic of the conversation. I turn my head towards him and I observe his symmetrical profile.

"Story of my life."

"Why? Your life is perfect. "He says, frowning at the sky.

"No," I sighed. "Why would it be? You don’t even know me Harry. "

"Your parents are doct-"                                                           

"My mother and my stepfather." I interrupt.

Mike is a great person but I don't like when people referred him as my father.

"You don't like Mike?" Harry asked turning his face towards me.

His emerald gaze is not intense but when his eyes meet mine I held my breath.

"Mike is a great guy and we get along pretty well but he is not my father and he will never be." I reply quietly.

"Do you miss your father?" I nod in response.

Wait a minute, why is he asking me this? Supposedly I should do that.

"What about you?.. do you miss someone?"

"My aunt.." I looked at him waiting for him to continue speaking. "She died of cancer."