George Imagine For Lily

For 221Bfangirl

GEORGE'S POV:

I sighed. There she was. Lily. The most beautiful girl in the world. I am confident in saying that I love her. If only she loved me back.

I wished I could run my hands through her hair, her soft brown hair. And those emerald eyes! They were perfect! I want her to be mine.

"Uh George?" I jumped. It was Fred. He was smirking. "You might want to keep those thoughts to yourself."

"What?"

"You said them all out aloud."

"Oh crap." I looked over. She seemed to have not heard this."

"You like Lily! You like Lily!" Fred sang.

"Stop! She'll hear!"

"No way. She's too busy talking to Hermione. Are you two gonna get married? Let me guess, twins? A boy and a girl? You'll probably name the girl after Lily's mom or something like that, and you better name the boy Fred!"

"Stop! It's not like she likes me back."

"Hey you never know. Has she told you that she doesn't like you?"

"Well-"

"I thought so. Stop being a chicken and ask her to the Yule Ball! She'll accept!"

I sighed. Fred wouldn't let this go. "Fine! I'll ask her tomorrow."

"You better."

LILY'S POV AND TIME SKIP:

I sat up in my bed and sighed, replaying what happened in Transfiguration.

"George asked me to the ball!" Angelina cried.

"What?" I asked. "When?"

"Well, he hasn't yet, but Fred, Ron, and Ginny told me he's going to tonight. I shouldn't be surprised. Have you seen the way he looks at me at practice?"

"That's great!" I sighed. "I'm really happy for you."

"Thanks!" She grinned.

My heart sunk again. I knew it was too good to be true.

Knowing sleep wasn't going to happen anytime soon, I walked out to the common room. I grabbed my guitar, hidden under the couch, and strummed it.

"Broken hearts and remedies,
Pay phone calls from the seventies,
That's how love used to go," I sang.

"But I would never ever know,
Cause I am always so alone,
But you're okay, you have her,"

GEORGE'S POV:

How am I going to ask her? Will she say yes? No? What's going to happen?

I was terrified about asking her out. There's no way I can.

I decided to clear my head, by taking a walk. I walked out if the dormitory to see Lily on the couch, playing guitar and singing.

"Cross my heart and hope to die,
That your love is just a lie,
No matter what I'll end up the same,"

The girl who's the blame,
The girl who's the shame,
The girl who loves you."

As she sung the last word, she put her head down and started crying. "Never get your hopes up too high," she whispered.

I quickly ran over to her. "Lily! Are you alright?"

She jumped. "Yeah, I'm totally fine. Just couldn't sleep." She lied.

"Tell me the truth."

She sighed. "Okay. But will you promise not to get mad at me?"

"Um yeah?" I was confused.

"I heard about you and Angelina. She told me. I'm just so upset because I've liked, no more like loved you since our first year. I'm sorry I'm just telling you this now, and if you don't want to be friends anymore I under-"

I cut her off, and pressed my lips against hers. It felt just right.

"Whatever Angelina told you is a lie. It was a stupid rumor the Quidditch team started because I complimented her flying. Really stupid. I love you, Lily, and only you." I grinned and took a deep breath. "Liliana Janet, would you do me the honor of being my date to the Yule Ball?"

LILY'S POV:

"Yes!" I said! My dreams were coming true. I kissed him. The fireworks went off and everything felt perfect.

"EW!" Someone yelled. "I SIT THERE!" It was Fred. "You know, I'd really appreciate if you didn't make out where I sit on a daily basis! Can you not? Thanks."

George blushed. "Fred Weasley, I am going to kill you."

Hope you enjoyed it!