James Imagine For Amber

For @AmberAvis

"Just to warn you, my mum's going to be all over you. She has been dying to meet you." James cautioned. "And don't call me Prongs in front of her. She doesn't know we're, you know,"

"I get it. You want me to embarrass you by telling your mum about everything wrong thing you've done at school, and mention that you are an animagus."

"What? You wouldn't d-"

"James, I'm joking! I would never tell her!"

He sighed and opened the unlocked door.

"I'm home!" James called. There was a squeal of delight and footsteps running down the stairs.

"James!" An older woman came running and wrapped him in a tight embrace.

After a minute or so of talking to him, she turned to me. "And you must be Amber."

I nodded. "It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Potter."

"It's very nice to meet you too, dear. Come in, and make yourself at home! May I ask why you didn't go to your home for the holidays?"

"My parents are spending the holidays in Rome. They made it pretty clear it was only going to be the two of them."

Mrs. Potter frowned a little. "Not wanting to see your child during the holidays, how rude!" She mumbled. "Anyways, it's very nice to have you here! James has told me all about you! I've been dying to meet you since last year! I'm very excited you'll be spending Christmas here! Here, let me help you with your bags."

I didn't get to speak much since Mrs. Potter did most of the talking. "You can stay in the spare room since Sirius isn't here this year. James, why isn't Sirius here?"

"Because he wanted to see if he could come to terms with his family again."

"Okay," she said, looking a little wary.

"Mum, can't Amber stay in my room?"

"No way, mister. I want no funny business. But, maybe if you clean your room quickly, I can add an extra bed in there."

I've never seen James move that fast, and he's on the Quidditch team!

Mrs. Potter smiled. "Your father and I are across the hall, so I want no funny business! Got it?"

James nodded.

"Good. I'll start dinner."

"I can help if you want." I said.

"It's okay, dear," she smiled, "I got it. See James, you girlfriend helps out, and she's not even family!" James blushed. "Yet," I heard her mumbled under her breath. I turned pink.

James and I spent most of the afternoon talking, kissing and cuddling. Finally it was time for dinner.

Everyone was seated by the time James and I came down.

"This meal looks wonderful! Thank you!" I said to Mrs. Potter.

"It was no problem," she said, her cheeks turning pink at the compliment.

"Also, thank you for letting me stay here for the holidays. It means a lot to me."

"Again, it was no problem. James is in love with you!"

"Mum!" He groaned. She laughed.

"Sorry dear."

"But seriously, a toast to Amber, the love of my life, who has put up with me for the last six years, and can still tolerate me. To Amber."

I turned bright red and kissed James.

"Mum, if any of this gets out to Sirius or Remus-"

"Don't worry," she smiled, "it'll be our secret."

The rest of the night was spent with James' family, who were some of the nicest people I have met.

Around ten, Mrs. Potter sent us off to bed, but she stopped James. "Don't ever let her go. She's a one of a kind." I heard her say. I smiled.

James and I got ready for bed. "So that's my family," he said, "They're weird, but I love them."

"I love your family!" I said. "They're so nice!"

"My family loves you too. Probably more than me, even though I am their son." He smirked and rolled his eyes. "Anyways, I wish break wouldn't end. I love this."

"Me too. I love you."

"I love you too."

Hope you enjoyed it!