Chapter 97

"Man I thought she was never going to let us leave." Rosalie said as she and Bella were in the back of the town car on the way back to the hotel after spending an hour with Cynthia Billings and her friends.

Bella lifted their joined hands to her lips and kissed Rosalie's knuckles. " Thank you for being so understanding."

Rosalie shrugged. "It was annoying but I do know that you have certain responsibilities when in public and it was my idea to go out.I did pick the club so it was really my fault for putting you in that situation. At least I didn't feel the need to kill her at any point so it was bearable."

Bella chuckled. "That's good."

"She never crossed the line and her interest was never more than about your family and your opinions on things. She never hit on you and her friends seemed to starstruck to do more than just stare. I was actually kind of proud to be able to experience someone's general interest in you. Usually it's people trying to hit on you or get something from you. That fact that she was not only intelligent but interested in you in a non sexual way made me relax." Rosalie told her.

"I'm glad you are starting to relax more and feel more secure in our bond." Bella said.

Rosalie laid her head on Bella's shoulder. "Now that I've been taking your blood regularly it's helped calm me more. Don't get me wrong I still don't want people touching you, friendly or not, but I know you are mine in all ways spiritually, emotionally, physically, so I'm not so worried about people trying to befriend you. As long as they are respectful. I also see the need to curb my temper as I'm starting to realize this will happen more in the future."

Bella sighed."I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be. It was really funny when she asked you to that dinner party and you said you would have to see if it was a school night." Rosalie said.

Bella chuckled."Yeah I don't think she realized how young I am. I mean yeah we were at a club but I really don't look that old."

"It is actually kind of hard to guess your age. I think its because of your unique looks that people can't gauge exactly how old you are." Rosalie told her.

"You know I sometimes forget that my family is so famous. Then things like this happen." Bella said.

"Did stuff like this happen a lot in Arizona?" Rosalie asked.

"When I was younger and I was out with my grandparents it happened all the time. Even when it was just me and my grandmother. She was such a part of my grandfather's life that she always accompanied him to every event or rally.I went to a few myself when I was old enough. My grandparents didn't like leaving me with babysitters. I even had some playdates with a lot of high profile people's children including a couple of the president' my grandfather's funeral I stood on stage with my grandma when she gave the eulogy. So I'm kind of used to the public eye. It slowed down when I went to live with my mother because I refused to go and spend time doing things with her I wasn't interested in. She wasn't as known as a Shurlong so she would try and use me to get the perks that come with being an heiress that she never got to enjoy. I would get invitations to things all the time and I'm sure I still do but Gene stopped asking if I wanted to go after I declined so many times. It used to make my mother furious that I didn't want to go to all the parties with famous people that wouldn't give her the time of day if it wasn't for me."

Rosalie shook her head."I don't understand your mother. From everything you told me your grandparents were loving parents and wanted nothing but the best for her and you. How did she turn out the way she did?"

"I honestly don't know. I think she always was that way. My grandfather was still in office when she was growing up and lived in Washington, DC. There she went to really exclusive private schools for grade school and high school. I think being around that scene she was probably treated differently from other students because of her last name. Maybe that's where she gets it. I know she's gotten in trouble numerous times and tried to use the whole Do you know who I am? card more than once. I've not only seen her do it but she's used me when she wasn't recognized. Honestly I don't think we will ever really know . I feel bad for Charlie more than anyone."

"Why?" Rosalie asked.

"Because he has to deal with my mother's craziness now that I live with him. He really doesn't deserve it." Bella said.

"Charlie may not deserve it but I know he would go through it a million times over to get to know you." Rosalie told her. "That man loves you so much. It's beyond obvious. When he looks at you he almost vibrates with the love and pride he has for you. I'm often envious of your father's devotion to you."

Bella pulled Rosalie close. "I know I'm lucky. It could have turned out a whole lot different if anyone but Charlie was my father. He and my grandparents are the type of parent I want to be to our children"

Rosalie snuggled close to Bella. "I love hearing you talk about our children. It still floors my mind that I'm going to be able to have my own. I really do love love you."

Bella gently kissed Rosalie. "I love you too."

As they pulled up to the hotel Bella pushed the button to lower the privacy screen to talk to the driver."No need to open the door we got it."

"Thank you Ms. Shurlong. Enjoy your stay in Seattle and if you need a driver again just let us know." The driver said.

Bella handed him some cash. "Thank you, we will."

Rosalie held her hand out helping Bella out of the car. After the closing the door she said."Let's go to our room and try out that hot tub."

Bella laughed. "I'm surprised you even wanted to go out tonight after you saw it."

Rosalie laughed with her. "Don't worry I've been making plans for you and me in that tub all night."