Chapter 43

"Ok so as Alice is the second fastest in the family she will be participating in this test. That way we have a vampire as a constant to measure Rosalie's abilities by." Carlisle explained as Bella, Alice and Rosalie lined up exactly how Emmett and Bella did the day before to race. "I want you to to run to me at full speed on the count of ,two, THREE!"

All three girls took off as fast as they could. It was no surprise that Bella came in first. The true surprise was that Rosalie was only a few steps behind her. Alice was only three quarters of the way done by the time Rosalie had finished.

"I'm faster." Rosalie said laughing when Bella picked her up and spun her in her arms.

"You're amazing." Bella told her giving her a kiss and setting her down.

Rosalie had to fight the urge to grab Bella and drag her back to bed. Did she really care about the changes to her body? She thought to herself running her hands up and down Bella's strong back.Carlisle clearing his throat made her remember they had an audience. Seeing the look in Bella's eyes she gave her a quick but heated kiss and promised."Later."

"As for what we should do next I think we should test your strength." Carlisle said trying to get them back on track.

"How do you test a vampire's strength? How strong are you guys?" Bella asked.

"Well an average vampire has the strength to move about 3 to 4 tons. Emmett has the strength to move about 7 tons."

Emmett flexed his arm muscles in response. "How much can you lift?"

"I've never really tried to find out. When I first shifted my grandparents worked with me on how to be careful not to break everything I touched including humans. So I really have only tested my restraint." Bella told them.

"Well this will be exciting for all of us then. There is an old abandoned rock quarry near by that we can use to see what you can all lift. Emmett you will be part of this experiment. Follow me." Carlisle said leading them to the quarry.

"So we should just pick up these random rocks?" Rosalie asked pointing to one of the many large stones scattered around the abandoned area. It was isolated so it was unlikely anyone would see them.

"Emmett you go first. Pick up the biggest stone you can until you find one you can't." Carlisle told him.

"No problem I got this." Emmett went through four stones until he found one he couldn't even budge no matter how hard he tried."You're up Rosalie. Don't feel to bad when it won't move, there are smaller rocks over there. I'm sure those would better suit you."

Rosalie growled at him as she strode forward and lifted the rock with ease. In her angry state she threw it right at Emmett hitting him directly pinning him under the rock. His feet were the only thing visible from under it.

"Rosalie that was uncalled for." Esme said running over to Emmett. "Move this rock right now. You might of hurt him."

"I'm not moving it. If he's such a strong man who can lift more than my girly body can then he can get himself out from under it." Rosalie said.

"Rosalie you will move that stone right this minute." Esme told her raising her voice.

"Burrow yourself out like a chipmunk Emmett. You're about strong as one." Emmett's grown was Rosalie only reply. When Esme cut her a look she huffed. "Where are all the strong men when you need them? Oh wait you don't need them."

Rosalie lifted the rock off Emmett who was lying in a huge Emmett sized hole in the ground. He had a few cracks here and there on his skin but he was over all fine.He stood up on shaky legs and gave Rosalie a sheepish smile."I apologize greatly for anything I said to offend you. I didn't mean it."

At everyone's confused look Jasper started laughing. "He's afraid of you Rosalie. I can feel his fear coming off him."

"Shut up Jasper. I'm not afraid of her. I just wanted her to know how much I respect her." Emmett said defensively causing the rest of the group to join in on the laughter.

"Emmett heal yourself.Rosalie would you please continue to move stones to find one you can't lift?" Carlisle said getting them back on track.

Rosalie nodded and got back to the stones. As she continued the rocks got so big she had to drill holes in the side with her hands so she had some way to hold them. When she finally got to one she couldn't move Carlisle went to examine it.

"It's about half times bigger than the last one Emmett was able to move so I think we could reasonable say that you are stronger than Emmett now. You are going to have to be extra careful with how much effort you exert in your everyday activities. You don't want to be breaking everything. It will be the same as when you were a newborn." Carlisle explained. "Now Bella if you would?"

Bella walked up to the rock and moved it easily. She then continued to move rocks until she stopped at one that was easily twice the size as the one Emmett could move.

"Rosalie isn't as fast as you nor is she as strong as you or as warm as you but it seems like she is enhanced to about three fourths of your abilities. You definitely gave her a boost with the bond. As for other changes I don't know what else we can test without being more invasive." He held up a hand as Bella pulled Rosalie behind her and advanced on him. "And that is something we are not going to do."

Rosalie grabbed Bella's arm to pull her back. She had always thought it was ridiculous that mates tried to defend each other but seeing Bella do it and knowing she had the skills and strength to back up any threat she made was incredibly attractive. She could feel herself getting hard and realized she really needed to get Bella alone or she would embarrass both of them by taking Bella right here in front of everyone.

"I think that's enough for the day. I really need to hunt and Bella needs to eat because she didn't get to finish her breakfast." Rosalie narrowed her eyes at Emmett who put his hands up and took a step back causing Alice and Jasper to laugh.

"That's great idea. We'll see you guys later." Bella grabbed Rosalie's hand and together they ran to the forest.

"When's the next time you think we will see them?" Alice asked amused.

"Leave them alone they are a newly bonded couple." Esme said.

"Yeah a bonded couple with super powers." Emmett grumbled.

"What else for you think Bella did to Rosalie?" Jasper asked Carlisle.

"I don't know. It's fascinating though. I've never known a shifter to transfer abilities to their imprint."Carlisle wondered if Bella could do the same with others that weren't Rosalie.

"Bella didn't just transfer abilities though. Rosalie's eyes could pass for human and even her skin is warm enough to the touch that it could be mistaken for a human just being cold." Alice said.

"Yes it's like Bella transferred some of her humanity to Rosalie. We at least know she still has her vampire traits so she isn't turning completely human. It's quite the mystery. Bella told me she had family records and research materials at her Arizona estate. I would love to get a chance to look through them." Carlisle said.

"I don't know how comfortable she would be with that. Bella is really protective of her family. Even telling us about her shifter heritage was difficult for her. I honestly think she told us accidentally in her excitement to wrestle Emmett." Alice told him.

"Quite right. I will bring it up to Rosalie. They should at least go and see what they can find. I don't think there is anything to worry about but it would probably be good to check just to make sure." Carlisle said.

The rest of the group all voiced their agreements and headed home.