Chapter 60

Rosalie waited as long as she could to pick Bella up but the feelings of dread and unease that came with being away from her mate for so long became to overwhelming to keep her any longer causing her to be early enough that she was now sitting at the kitchen table watching Bella and Charlie eat breakfast.

"How was your visit to the reservation?" Charlie asked while scooping eggs onto his plate.

"It was fun. We met your friend Billy Black and a bunch of the tribe members." Bella told him.

"You said you were friends with Sam Uley?" Bella nodded causing Charlie to ask a follow up question. "How did you meet him?"

Bella looked to Rosalie for help."He's a friend of our family. When he found out about Bella he asked if she wanted to come check out the beach."

"Well that's good. Those are good kids on the reservation. Always willing to lend a helping hand, never causing trouble." Charlie's said."Those are good friends to have."

"We will definitely be going back to hang out." Bella told him.

"Good. Listen I'm glad I have both of you girls here. You know that case that's been keeping me away for the last two days?" At Bella's nod Charlie continued. "Well I'm not going to get into to many details but a bunch of teenagers and twenty somethings have been coming up missing from neighboring towns all the way to Seattle. I want you both to not go anywhere alone."

"How many have gone missing?" Rosalie asked intrigued at this news.

"At least a dozen people now. We are working with a task force with officers from the surrounding towns to help as much as we can. It will be keeping me pretty busy for a while." Charlie explained.

"I promise that myself or a member of my family will be with Bella whenever she leaves the house from now on. None of us will go anywhere alone." Rosalie reassured him.

Charlie let out a sigh of relief." Thank you."

Bella stood up and took her empty plate to the sink." We need to get going or we are going to be late."

"Leave the dishes. I'll wash up since you cooked." Charlie told her.

"Thanks dad. See you later." Bella said giving a blushing Charlie a kiss on the cheek and making her way out the door with Rosalie right behind her.

Like always Rosalie held the car door open for Bella. As Bella was getting in Rosalie spoke in a whisper." A bunch of missing young people from here to Seattle sounds kind of suspicious don't you think?"

"I think we should investigate this more. Maybe talk to Alice." Bella replied.

Rosalie nodded and got into the car and started driving them to school."If it has to do with you she won't be able to see anything but then again if she doesn't see anything we will know it does involve you so that will be just as helpful."

"I don't know much about the supernatural world but why would someone kidnap a dozen people?" Bella asked.

"A vampire would if they were creating a newborn army." At Bella's confused look Rosalie explained. "Newborn vampire are stronger and faster than older vampires because they still have their human blood in their systems. If a vampire wanted to fight something powerful and didn't have skilled fighters on their side they would want to have a bunch of newborns to over power the threat."

"Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that the threat in this equation is me?" Bella asked.

"I'm thinking the same thing. I wish we could skip school today because we really need to discuss this."Rosalie said.

"I can't skip but you can. Why don't you call a meeting with your family while I'm at school?"Rosalie gave her a look she continued." You don't have to skip the whole day. Just long enough to talk to your family."

Although she didn't like the idea Rosalie knew it was the right thing to do. "Fine but I will see you at lunch. No later and keep your phone close. I'll be checking in."

As they pulled into the school parking lot Bella leaned over and gave Rosalie a heated kiss."I love it when you get all protective and possessive."

A she pulled Bella back to her for another kiss Rosalie growled at the sound of a knock on her window. Turning she saw Emmett standing by her window smiling.

"This isn't a make out spot. It's an Institute of learning that should be respected as such." Emmett said laughing when Rosalie gave him the finger.

"I'll see you at lunch." Bella told Rosalie getting out of the car and waving good bye to the Cullens.

"We are having a meeting. Meet me at home." Rosalie said not even bothering to get out of the car. She knew her family would hear her.