Chapter 46

Show less

An hour and one blue painted room later Bella and Rosalie were sitting snuggled up on the couch in the living room waiting for the paint to dry. Rosalie was lying down with Bella on top of her reading through the diaries while Bella was watching some random show on tv.

"These really aren't diaries are they. They're more like a supernatural encyclopedia." Rosalie commented after reading the volume on the history of shifting.

"Yeah they have a little bit of everything in them. You can tell what interested my grandfather the most by how lengthy the entries are." Bella told her.

"Yeah he didn't really have a positive view of vampires. I mean there are six chapters on how to go about killing them. Some techniques I didn't even know." Rosalie commented.

"Well vampires and shifters are mortal enemies. By right you and I should want to kill each other."Bella said.

"Instead I just want to have you as close as possible all the time." Rosalie said kissing Bella on the head.

"Lucky me." Bella told her lifting her head to kiss Rosalie on the lips.

"No lucky me." Rosalie replied stopping the kiss before they lost themselves to it. The last thing she wanted was Bella's father walking in catching them in a compromising position.

Bella hummed and laid her head back down. "Did you find anything interesting in them that you didn't know before? Minus the many ways to kill your kind."

"Yes, many things. But I have a lot more questions now even with the new information." At Bella's confused look she explained. "I have all this new knowledge about shifters but none of it really applies to you. Even the way your body shifts. I've told you before how you carry both human and tiger traits in each form but I have never seen that in other shifters."

"Yes. Why does that matter?"Bella asked confused.

"Well in here it explains that even though they carry some traits of the animal form over to the human form it isn't as drastic as yours. They may have some extra strength and speed but nothing that would make them as fast or as strong as a vampire. The ways that he wrote about killing a vampire all take that into account. Also you purr, meow and roar in both forms. It makes no mention of those abilities in here. From what I've read one form is very distinctive from the other. Sometimes the only difference between your forms are that you look like a tiger and not a human."

"Weird." At Rosalie's raised eyebrow Bella shrugged."What I don't know. It's weird. It must have to do with being the White Tiger. My grandfather tried to explain as much as he could to me but we only had a few months."

"I really think we should go to Arizona. Not only because of the changes to me but what if you have more changes in store?You aren't at the age of a fully mature human yet and you did say your tiger grew with you. What's to say there aren't more changes to come? I want us to be prepared." Rosalie said.

"You talk to Esme tonight and see if she'll go with us. We have enough wildlife on the estate so you won't have to worry about hunting and I'll send the staff away while we are there so you won't have to deal with hiding when it's sunny. If she agrees I'll talk to Charlie tomorrow."Bella knew Charlie wouldn't like it but they needed the information.

"I don't want to leave you tonight but I doubt your father would approve of a sleep over." Rosalie told her.

"I don't want you to leave either. Can you come back after Charlie goes to bed?"Bella asked. "I'll leave my window open for you to come back in. We just have to be careful if he wakes up and comes to check on me."

"That's fine. We can be quiet. I guess that means no funny business then." Rosalie said sourly.

Bella sighed."I know I hate it to but it's a way for us to be with each other so we'll have to deal."

"I don't have to like it." Rosalie pouted.

Bella gave her a kiss."I know. How about you help me make dinner. Charlie should be home soon."

Rosalie let herself be pulled up from the couch. "Look at us mated less than 24 hours and here we are being all domestic together."

Bella chuckled."I like being domestic with you. Now grab the peeler and start on those potatoes."

"I don't think I've ever peeled potatoes before." Rosalie said thoughtfully.

"Not even in your human life?"

"No my parents employed staff that included a cook. As a vampire we never had humans around us before you came along so I never had reason before to learn anything about cooking." Rosalie admitted.

"I could teach you if you wanted to learn. I like to make my own meals so you would have plenty of opportunity." Bella offered.

"I kind of like the idea of cooking you dinner. Maybe I'll do that for a date night." Rosalie told her.

"We have date nights now?" Bella asked.

"Oh yes be prepared to be romanced off your feet. After all these years of not having a mate now that I found one I plan to show you in anyway I can how much I appreciate you." Rosalie said with a kiss to Bella's cheek.

"I know you prefer to be the half gentleman in this relationship but please give me a chance to romance you every once in awhile." Bella pleaded.

"I would never deny my lady." Rosalie told her taking Bella's hand and kissing her knuckles causing Bella to laugh.

Before Bella could reply they both heard the front door open followed by Charlie waking into the kitchen.

"Hey Bells, Rosalie. What are you guys up to? How was the sleepover?" He asked them.

"Hey dad. We're making dinner and the sleepover was great." Bella told him.

Charlie shrugged out of his jacket"That's good.Are you staying for dinner Rosalie?"

"No sir I'm just helping. I actually should get going. I promised my mom I would help her at the house." Rosalie replied.

"I'll walk you out." Bella said leading Rosalie out the front door to her car.

Rosalie wrapped her arms around her and leaned in for a kiss. She let it be chaste knowing Charlie was probably watching them. She chuckled at Bella's huff of frustration. "Your father is watching us and I would like to be able to spend time with you. I don't think he would approve of us making out in the driveway."

"I know you're right but I don't have to like it." Bella grumbled." I'll see you later though right?"

"Yes I'll come through your window just remember to unlock it. I'm going to go talk to Esme." Rosalie confirmed.

"Ok I'll see you soon then." With one last kiss Bella pulled back.

"I love you." Rosalie told her getting into her car.

"I love you too." Bella said with a wave watching as Rosalie pulled out of the driveway only going inside when she couldn't see the car anymore.