Chapter 57

Bella kissed the back of Rosalie's hand when she felt it tighten in her own as they drove closer to the reservation. She knew this would be hard for Rosalie but hoped it would at least not turn violent.

"Are you ok?" Bella asked Rosalie.

"Yeah it's just we are coming up on the border and I can smell them more strongly now." Rosalie explained giving her a pained smile.

"They told us they would meet us at the town line and escort us to the meeting place so I expect to see at least a few wolves pretty soon." Bella said.

"They are right there." Rosalie pointed to the side of the road where Sam and 4 wolves stood waiting for them.

Sam waved for them to stop as Rosalie rolled down her window he spoke."Greetings white tiger. Welcome to our tribal would be an honor if you would allow me to escort you to the elders."

Before Rosalie could protest Bella said." Of course thank you.Please get in."

Sam got into the back seat not even acknowledging Rosalie existence. "Just follow the wolves and they will bring you to Chief Black's house."

Rosalie sighed for what she knew wouldn't be the last time today and followed the wolves to a small house where a group of what she assumed were members of the tribe were waiting outside for them. Before she could even get Bella's door a young boy ran over with a face full of awe and pulled it open. The group watched silently as Bella stepped out and stood before them.

A man in a wheelchair about Charlie's age was the first to speak. "Great white tiger you honor us with your presence. My name is Chief Billy Black, please come inside. I'll introduce you to the others."

Rosalie grabbed Bella's hand and whispered in her ear. "Together?"

"Together." Bella promised intertwining their fingers and ignoring the awed and surprised expressions on the village people's faces as they watched Rosalie and herself walk into the Chief's house.

"I know it's not much but I made some snacks for you to enjoy during our meeting." A woman about Rosalie's height told her motioning to a large plate of muffins sitting on the table.

"White tiger this is Sue Clearwater. She is one of the elders as is Quil Ateara the fourth." Billy explained pointing to a man about Bella's height with a large build and grey speckled hair.

"It's a pleasure to meet you white tiger. Please take a seat." Quil pulled out a chair for Bella only to step away quickly at Rosalie's growl."My apologies. I meant no harm."

"Please you don't have to call me white tiger. My name is Bella. Bella Swan and this is my imprint Rosalie Hale."Bella said taking the seat at the table with Rosalie sitting to her right and the three elders across from them.

"Bella Swan? Is your father Charlie?" At Bella's nod Billy continued. "He mentioned his daughter was coming to live with him but I didn't think it would be the white tiger. He doesn't know you're a shifter does he?"

"No he does not. I only found out about him a year ago. My shifting comes from my mother's side of the family." Bella explained.

"Charlie is a good friend of mine. You actually have some of his facial features now that I'm looking at you." Billy said with a smile.

"He did mention he liked to go fishing here with some of his friends. I was supposed to come on my last visit but we didn't have the time." Bella told him.

Rosalie cleared her throat. "We came here hoping you might be able to tell us about Bella's white tiger abilities. We know very little and wanted to see if you could explain a few things that have happened to us since we have become mated."