Chapter 18

"Bella where is your car? I didn't see it when I got home." Charlie asked Bella as he entered the kitchen the next morning.

"Rosalie Hale is going to fix it up for me."Bella told him.

"Hale that's one of Dr. Cullen's kids right?"At Bella's nod Charlie continued "That's awful nice of her to work on your car. Do you need some money to pay her or for some parts?"

"She said this is her hobby so she doesn't want me to pay her. I just have to help her out when she needs it. As for parts I don't know what is needed yet, but I'll let you know." Bella knew how important it was to Charlie to provide for her so she would let him pay for some of the parts. It would make him happy and that's all that mattered.

"So you are friends with the Cullens now? They are a good family. The Dr. has been so helpful around here. He could work anywhere he wanted to but he said he wanted his kids to be raised in a small community. I respect that. How are you getting along with them?"Charlie asked.

"I know Rosalie the best but met the rest of the family except for their son Edward. Alice hung out with us yesterday. It was alright. They know who grandpa Arthur was and I think they were somewhat surprised that I'm related to him, but after a few questions they thankfully dropped the subject."Bella said.

"I know it's hard to talk about him and your grandma but if you ever need to I'm here for you Bella. I haven't gotten much of a chance to be there for you during your younger years and I especially regret not being there for you when they died."Charlie would never forgive himself for not being there for his daughter at such an important time of her life. Even if it wasn't his fault.

"It's not your fault dad. I know you would have been there if you had the chance. They would have liked you a lot. Rene was the one that kept us apart. They wanted to know who you were as much as I did. We are together now and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. You're stuck with me. I saw the paperwork,it's to late to give me back now."Bella joked.

Charlie chuckled. "There will be no giving back of anyone and I'm perfectly happy being stuck with you. I know I can't offer you the same things you grew up with or that my last name isn't as prestigious as the one you had before but I want you to know I love you Bells and that won't ever change.

"I love you to dad." Bella gave a blushing Charlie a hug and only pulled away when she heard a car pull up into the drive. "That's my ride. I should get going."

"Don't forget your lunch money and are you sure you had enough breakfast? I can give you some extra cash to buy something for you and your friend or to at least get one of those fancy drinks the kids these days seem to enjoy."Charlie offered.

"Thanks dad, but I'm all set. Have a good day." Bella said as she made her way to the door.

"You to Bells." Was Charlie's reply.

As Rosalie pulled up to Bella's house she was nervous. Should she knock on the door or wait in the car. Would it be weird if she opened the door for Bella like Bella did for her yesterday or would it be romantic. Did she want to start making romantic gestures or would that freak Bella out. This having a mate was driving her crazy. She was never one for second guessing herself and here she was acting the part of anxious teenager trying to impress her crush.

Seeing Bella walk out of her house Rosalie decided romantic gestures were the way to go. She hopped out of the car and rushed to the passenger side and held the door open. She noticed a slight blush on Bella's cheeks and decided she made the right choice.

After getting Bella and herself settled Rosalie spoke. "Good morning. I know I'm a little early but I wanted to know if I could take you to breakfast if you wanted or get a coffee before school?"