Chapter 77

"Looked what the cat dragged in. Don't worry Rosalie we cleaned up your mess."

Rosalie ignored Emmett as she looked at the damage to the wall of the sitting room where her family and Victoria were all gathered. It seemed like it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Bella was right the damage was only to the window and the window frame.

"I told you it wasn't so bad. I even think we have the supplies in the maintenance shed." Bella told Rosalie.

"I could help you fix if you would like." Esme offered.

Bella gave Esme a smile."That would be nice thank you.I have the original architect drawings for a guide and the appropriate tools to do the job so it should be easy."

Rosalie hung her head in shame. "I'm so sorry Bella."

Bella pulled Rosalie into her arms." It's ok. Remember I told you I fully support you taking out your anger on inanimate objects."

"She actually took out her anger on Victoria not the window." Emmett mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear.

Bella shot a glare at Emmett. "No one got hurt that's what is important. So what if a wall got damaged?You're ok. The window can be fixed and this will all be forgotten about eventually."

Rosalie just snuggled in closer to Bella inhaling her scent. Although she felt horrible about what she did she knew Bella didn't really care and Bella was right it could be fixed. That wasn't what was bothering her though. It was her temper. She was really having trouble keeping it under control. Bella seemed supportive now but how long before she got fed up with having to keep Rosalie from killing someone.

"I don't mean to interrupt your moment but we really need to discuss how we are going to handle the new information Victoria has brought us." Carlisle said.

Rosalie sighed and pulled away from Bella. "Yes we do. What has been discussed while we were gone?"

Sorrow overcame Carlisle's face. "Edward's actions can not be ignored. Even if he doesn't take direct action against us we have to take direct action against him."

"What our biggest concern should be other than the newborns are the allies Edward is seeking out. You don't know who he was meeting up with do you?" Jasper asked Victoria.

"Not specifically. He mentioned going south to meet like minded individuals. When he left he seemed confinement that he would gather many to his cause." Victoria told them.

"What do you think?" Bella asked Rosalie.

"Beside wanting to rip Edward apart and burn his body." Esme flinched at Rosalie's words. "I also worry about the allies he is gathering. With his gift he has the ability to know someone's true feelings and can easily manipulate a person to do his bidding by claiming to be able to aide their ambitions or feed their fears. His words are more dangerous than his physical abilities."

Bella looked to Victoria."Do you know when they plan to attack?"

"No white tiger I don't. However as the number of newborns grows it has to be soon as they are already having trouble controlling them. Their numbers when I left were 24 but at times have been as high as 30. James is having trouble controlling them and between fighting amongst themselves and him having to kill some of them I don't think they can wait much longer." Victoria told them.

"30,that's quite a lot." Alice said eyes glazing over as she tried to get some kind of vision of Edward. The last glimpse she got was of him in a jungle but it was fleeting as she believed that his ability to read her mind had caused him to discover a way to block her gifts unless his obsession had turned into full madness and all his decisions were made just to capture Bella.

"Even I had trouble controlling that many." Jasper said. "Without any way to control them mentally they are just ticking time bombs. Where is he keeping them?"

"Originally Seattle but as the numbers grew they were bringing to much attention to themselves and he worried the Volturi would come to investigate. I suspect the place he went after that he has now abandoned as he hasn't been able to get in contact with me. I believe he will think I've been captured and will worry about you going after him." Victoria said.

"And betraying your sire, you said he was sadistic and you wanted to be away from him. Is that the only reason? How can we trust that he didn't send you? How do we know this isn't all just part of Edward's sick game?" Emmett asked Victoria. Something just didn't add up in his mind with her story. She was holding something back. He was sure of it.

Victoria locked eyes with Bella. "All the reasons I've told you are true but the main reason is I don't want to die. I have a gift that allows me to know when to fight or flee and everything in me told me to flee and come to you. You are my only chance at survival. I will gladly serve you as long as you wish if you promise your protection because I know that the only right side to be on in this war is your side Bella."

"What are we going to do?"

Bella felt all the eyes in the room fall on her looking for the answer to Alice's question. Her grandfather had told her that she had a great destiny but she hadn't expected it to be this. Seeing each vampire in the room look to her to make decisions that could very well end their lives was truly humbling. She needed to step back and think.

"What allies do we have at this point?" Bella asked.

"I have called our cousins in Alaska and have invited them to visit us tomorrow. I was actually going to see if it was alright for us to leave early.I knows it's quite late now but it would be easier to meet them in Forks than here. Unless you have a different suggestion." Carlisle told her.

"Is Laurent with them yet?" Carlisle nodded causing Bella to rethink her plan."We could always send a private plane for them to come here if you would prefer. I could easily convince Charlie I needed to stay a few more days but I understand if it would be more comfortable for you to meet them on your own territory. I feel that if we have them come here though that it would be much easier to separate them from Laurent without to much suspicion as they would be my guest and you can't personally vouch for him."

"That does make sense. "Jasper said. "If we invited them to Forks it would probably be almost impossible to get them alone to discuss the situation. Also Victoria is with us now so he would probably pick up her scent if she was close."

"I'll give them a call and tell them that a friend invited them to spend some time at their private estate." Carlisle said. "Given Irina's love of luxury it shouldn't be a problem to convince them."

"What about Peter and Charlotte?" Alice asked Jasper.

"I would rather not contact them but I think we may need their expertise with newborns." Jasper said reluctantly. "I'll give them a call."

"You can have them meet us here as well if you wish. I'll call Charlie in the morning and tell him there is a problem with the estate and I need to stay for a week. I can call Gene. He will back me up when he learns of the situation." Bella said already making a list of things she needed to get done in her head.

"Now that we have some kind of plan Bella and I are going to bed. It's late and we need some sleep."Rosalie told them pulling Bella up with her when she stood up.

Emmett gave Rosalie an over exaggerated wink."Yeah sure sleep."

Rosalie glared at him before turning to Bella." Take me to your room."

"Of course. Goodnight everyone." Bella said leading Rosalie towards her childhood bedroom.