Chapter 76

"I can't protect you." Rosalie said snuggling closer to Bella's naked body. After hunting three deer and an almost frantic bout of love making the two were snuggled together in a patch of grass.

"Protect me from what?" Bella asked confused.

Rosalie sat up to look Bella in the eye."Anything. All this stuff keeps happening and I can't do anything to help you let alone protect you."

"You help me plenty." Bella told her.

"No you help me plenty." Rosalie said frustrated." When we became bonded my body was changed allowing me to better protect myself. Hell you even restarted my damn heart allowing your blood to pump through my veins giving me another level of defense by making my skin stronger. What have I given you?"

Bella gave Rosalie a kiss. "You have given me a family, hope for the future and most of all you have given me love."

"I have brought nothing but chaos to your life. If you weren't my mate Edward would have never known you were a shifter and wouldn't be trying to form an army to capture you."

"Edward would have done something to get to me eventually. You told me he was obsessed with finding out why his gift wouldn't work on me. So this newborn army stuff isn't your fault." Bella tried to reassure her.

"I'm a horrible imprint." Bella shook her head but Rosalie continued." You are literally the perfect mate and I am just a moody, jealous bitch who can't be civil around others."

"No you are a newly bonded vampire who hasn't even had a full day alone with her mate. That would be enough to make anyone moody but now we are faced with not only an army but what will likely be a lifetime of hard decisions."

Rosalie sighed. "I just love you so much and I'm feeling so helpless. I just want a moment of happiness with you to celebrate that love but sometimes it feels like I can't breath."

"When you can't draw a breath look to me. I will be your air." Bella told her.

Rosalie felt her eyes fill with venom. "And what will I be for you."

"My everything." Bella said pulling Rosalie in for a passionate kiss.

Rosalie pulled away. "But will that be enough?"

"The moment I locked eyes with you you became my world. Everything and anything you do is more than enough." Bella held Rosalie's face in her hands making Rosalie see the sincerity in her eyes. "Rose without you I would probably have moved back to the estate and hid in the secure wing living off the emergency rations ignoring all this great white tiger destiny."

Rosalie shook her head. "No you wouldn't. You are much to noble to hide away.

"That's only because you give me the strength. Before I met you I was lost. I had only a father I hardly knew and a mother who only wanted me for money. My plans consisted of living with Charlie and moving back here when I got the chance and living a life of solitude."

"You didn't want to go to college or travel the world?" Rosalie asked.

"I wanted to be left alone. To not be stared at and have to deal with fake people who were only nice to me because they wanted something. I never knew anything about imprinting so I didn't wish to ever find someone who could love me for unselfish reasons." Bella gave Rosalie a shy smile." But then I stumbled on you in the woods and every thought of solitude left my mind. I saw our future flash before my eyes. Dating, marriage, children I saw it all and I knew that I would do anything to make that future happen."

Rosalie pulled Bella into a crushing embrace. "I want that future to. I just hate that we have to struggle so much to make it happen. Why can't we have a bit of happiness before we are thrown into all this craziness."

"I have been beyond blessed in my life. Even though my mother wasn't the greatest I had an amazing childhood with my grandparents and my father turned out to be an outstanding guy. Even my tiger turned out to be better than I feel I deserve. Maybe the craziness is the trade. Maybe fate gave me all these gifts and happiness because it knew I had a hard life waiting for me when I got older. "

"I feel the same way about you,that fate gave me you as a reward for going through all the trauma in my life. That maybe by giving me the perfect mate fate was rewarding me for surviving my life before you." Rosalie said.

"And maybe fate paired us up because you have the experience and strength to help me get through the hard times because you have already gone through worse. You may not be as strong as me physically but you are stronger mentally and I will need you to lean on when it all gets to much for me." Bella told her.

"I can do that." Rosalie said smiling. "I don't know if I can control my temper though. I hate people checking you out and flirting with you. I especially hate people touching you."

"I hate the same things but I can control my emotions by remembering that no matter what, you are just as devoted to me as I am to you. I also feel kind of smug knowing how jealous they are that you are with me and not them." Bella told her with a smirk.

Rosalie laughed. "That is true. I can almost feel the jealousy coming off people in waves when they see us together."

Bella laughed with her. "That's what you should focus on then. Not your jealously and possessiveness but reveling in their misery of never having either of us."

"I know your kidding but that's exactly what I'm going to do." Rosalie said thinking of all the fun she was going to have flaunting her relationship with Bella off to others.

Bella motioned for Rosalie to move so she could stand up."On that note I think we should get back. I would like to work out a plan with the family and see what kind of damage you did to the house when you threw Victoria through the window."

Rosalie gave Bella a look of horror. "Oh no Bella your house. In my anger I forgot all about doing that. I promise I'll fix it. "

"It's no big deal. From what I saw it seemed like you only busted out the window and broke the window frame. That should be easy to fix." Bella motioned to her naked body."Before we meet with the family I need to find some clothes."

Rosalie started getting dressed." Good idea. I doubt I could refrain from killing anyone who dared to lay eyes on your naked body."

"Ok first clothes then family." Bella said shifting into her tiger and with Rosalie on her back ran towards the house.