Chapter 47

Rosalie was proud of herself when she got home. She had only turned the car around four times to go back to Bella's. She had talked herself out of it each time. The only thing that really stopped her was knowing she would see Bella in a couple hours and they would have the whole night together. Even if she promised no funny business.

"We'll see about that." She mumbled to herself as she made her way to the kitchen where the smell of cookies was coming from.

"You'll see about what?"Esme asked as she slid cookies off of a tray onto a cooling rack.

"Oh, Bella wanted me to ask you if you would be ok chaperoning a trip to Arizona with the both of us" Rosalie replied.

"You're going to Arizona? Are we all going to Arizona?" Alice asked rushing into the room followed by Jasper and Emmett.

"No my mate and I are going to Arizona and we need an adult so Charlie will allow Bella to go." Rosalie explained.

"So why only Esme? Is Carlisle going to?" Emmett asked.

"Am I needed?" Carlisle asked coming into the room.

"No you aren't needed. I asked only Esme because Bella is the most comfortable with her." Rosalie told them.

"Wait we make Bella uncomfortable?" Alice asked concerned.

"No, not like that. Bella enjoys your company." Rosalie held up her hand to stop the comments and continued. "We would both like to go and do some research at her estate and she doesn't feel comfortable with outsiders there. Esme was her choice. No one else is coming with us."

"Are you sure I couldn't convince Bella otherwise? I could be of great help to her. I have a better understanding of the supernatural than I believe she does." Carlisle said.

"Bella specifically asked that you not come Carlisle. She doesn't want anyone to know her history. It's been a secret that's been kept since the 12th century and I quite honestly believe she doesn't like the way you turn everything into a fact finding mission." Rosalie told him.

"I know I come on strong but I would never tell Bella's secrets. I simply wish to help her and you find the answers you seek." Carlisle said defensively.

"Yeah none of us would say anything. And who would we tell anyway? We stick to our family most of the time." Emmett said.

"I really want to see Bella's estate. I looked it up on the internet and there so little information about it. It's like a huge house of mystery." Alice told them.

"I wouldn't mind seeing her historic artifacts. I wonder if she has authentic civil war memorabilia?" Jasper enquired.

"She did tell me that she would like to talk to you about that actually. She knows all about the Shurlong you fought against in Texas." Alice told him.

"I would like that very much " Jasper said with a smile.

"Great everything is settled. When do we leave." Emmett asked.

"We aren't going anywhere." Rosalie said through gritted teeth. "Bella, myself and hopefully Esme are going. My mate doesn't feel comfortable with outsiders. How many times do I have to tell you this?"

"We aren't outsiders though. We're family now and being family means we keep each others secrets." Alice proclaimed.

"It's not about you Alice. It's not about any of us. You say you never would tell Bella's secrets but what about when Edward is around? Are you going to be able to keep it from him? Or worse what about Aro? Are you willing for selfish reasons to give the Volturi information that could be detrimental to my mate. Your supposed best friend?" Alice looked away from Rosalie as she asked her question.

"I understand her reluctance but honestly what could be so bad that we would find out?" Carlisle asked.

Rosalie was getting frustrated. Did her family always act like this or was this something new. Either way she wasn't in the mood to put up with them."I don't think any of you understand. Bella isn't just shifter. Not even including the fact she is a Shurlong she is something more than any of us could even comprehend."

Emmett cut Rosalie off." Yeah we know Bella's awesome but you don't need to be dramatic."

"Look into my now blue eyes and tell me Bella isn't something special. Shake my warm hand and tell me the Volturi wouldn't love a chance to study her. Bella was never meant to just exist in the human world. I'm not bragging when I say my mate is so much greater than any of us. We should feel special that she even wants to spend time with us because I know without a doubt she would probably be happier out in the forest playing with other cats. No matter what you think,she isn't human and she definitely isn't just a shifter. Bella's birth was foretold to one of her ancestors by a Native American shaman. Her life will never be like ours. She isn't meant to just play human to survive like we do. I'm not sure what her greater purpose is but I feel honored that she chose me to be by her side when she finds out. " Rosalie said passionately.

Esme clearing her throat broke the awkward silence that descended upon the room. "I would love to join you both on a trip to Arizona. Please tell Bella thank you for thinking of me."

"I will. I'm going to go shower and get some stuff done before I go back to Bella's later." Rosalie said leaving the room.

Alice waited until she heard Rosalie's bedroom door click shut before she spoke. "Do you think she's right? Does Bella have a greater purpose?"

"I don't know but the fact that Bella's birth was foretold by a shaman makes sense because when I looked for any mention of a white tiger shifter all I found were vague Native American legends." Carlisle told them.

"Does this mean we need to stop treating Bella like she's our friend?" Emmett asked.

"I think one of Rosalie's points was we need to stop expecting Bella to act like a human. " Esme said sadly. Causing them all to reflect their treatment of Bella.