Chapter 30

Alice was excited when she saw Bella walk to the car after school ended. She knew she had to reel that excitement in and not be weird but it was hard. Rosalie had trusted her though so she wasn't going to screw this up.

"Hey Alice thanks for the ride home." Bella greeted her getting into the car.

"It's no problem Bella. Anytime you need a ride let me know. I don't mind helping." Alice said as she began to drive to Bella's house. "So are you excited for your date tonight?"

"Excited and nervous." Bella told her.

"Why nervous? It's just Rosalie." Alice inquired.

"That's the thing, it's Rosalie. I know we hang out and do stuff together but this is our first official date. I want it to be perfect. I want to be perfect for her." Bella admitted shyly.

"Bella I know I come on strong and am pushy but I consider us friends regardless." At Bella's nod Alice continued. "As your friend I feel it's my duty to tell you when you're being ridiculous. This is one of those times. You couldn't be anything but perfect to Rosalie. I won't break sister code by telling you what she has said but she talks about you all the time. She smiles now. You make her happy. I bet right now she is at home freaking out about making tonight perfect for you also. You need to just relax."

Bella thought this over as they stopped in front of her house. "I know you're right but I'm still really nervous. Do you think you could help me pick out clothes for tonight? Fashion isn't my thing and I don't want to look like a bum when she comes to get me."

"Of course I'll help. Lead me to your closet and we'll find the perfect outfit." Alice readily agreed as she followed Bella to her bedroom.

Bella ushered her into her room saying. "I'm still unpacking and some of my summer clothes are in those boxes in the corner but most of my dressier clothes are hanging up."

Alice took in Bella's room slowly. It was full of boxes and disorganized in an organized way. She could understand why Bella wanted to fix it up. The room seemed kind of sad with it's off white colored walls and dark curtains. It was definitely not a room that was used for a teenage girl's bedroom.A stuffed tiger sitting on the bedspread caught her attention. She walked over and picked him up. "Who's this? It looks pretty old."

"That's Gordon. My grandparents gave me that at the hospital the day I was born. He's my best friend. Growing up I would tell him all my problems and share all my secrets." Bella said looking at the tiger fondly.

"Why did you name him Gordon?" Alice asked.

"My grandfather used to tell me stories of my ancestor Gorgen who fought bravely for the king of England. He told me how he was great defender of the weak and protector of the innocent." Bella replied with a smile. "I couldn't say Gorgen correctly so that's how he got the name Gordon."

"How far can you trace back your family history?"Alice asked.

"12th century England. How about you? What was your human family like?"Bella regretted asking when she noticed Alice flinch. "Sorry I shouldn't have asked it was rude."

"No it's ok. I don't know what my human family was like." Bella gave her a confused look. "I woke up one day alone as a vampire with no memory of who I was or how I got there."

"Wow that's horrible what did you do?" Bella couldn't imagine how she would feel if that happened to her.

"I had a vision actually. A vision of finding Jasper. I had to learn how to navigate the world around me to get to him and at the same time learn to decipher what my visions meant. It was on my way to meet him that I learned of the Cullens. I waited until Jasper and I found each other before searching them out. We've been with them ever since." Alice explained.

"So you don't know anything other than the life you have with Jasper and the Cullens?" Bella asked.

Alice shook her head. "No nothing at all. Not even my real name. That was why I got so excited to meet you. I want to apologize for that by the way. I shouldn't have been so pushy. I just got it in my head that maybe you and I were alike in the sense that you knew what it felt like to be different also. People think I'm weird and I've never had a friend before. That morning you first arrived at school I was thinking about how lonely I was and then I saw you and thought maybe it was some kind of omen that you were supposed to be that friend but instead of being a friend I started becoming a creepy stalker instead. I hope you can forgive me."

Bella's heart ached for Alice. She did understand and because of that she walked over to Alice and pulled her into a hug telling her."I get it really I do. You're right I do feel different. I've never had a friend either. Well I've never had a true friend who didn't just want something from me. I wouldn't mind being friends with you. I mean if you get past the weird stalkerish behavior I think you and I have a lot in common. So what do say that I accept your apology and we move on with me telling you when you get a little to intense?Deal?"

Alice pulled out of the hug and shook Bella's hand."Deal."

"Ok now that that's out of the way please help me find something to wear. I don't even know where she's taking me." Bella's voice held a bit of panic.

"Let's see what we have to work with." Alice said going through Bella's clothes."Is there a reason you only wear long sleeves? I don't see any short sleeve shirts or dresses in here."

"It has to do with my skin." Bella explained. "Due to my condition it sort of glows when in the sun. Living in Phoenix I would have to cover up as to not draw attention. Here it isn't a problem with overcast days so I'm thinking of buying some new clothes with less sleeves."

"Shopping's my thing. So if you're going I'm going. Rosalie likes shopping too so she would probably want to go."Alice was already making plans for a day of shopping.

"Let's try to get through tonight without it being a disaster first." Bella told her.

"When have you hung out with Rosalie that it ended in disaster." At Bella's raised eyebrow Alice quickly added. "Ok minus the time I scared you and you shifted. In Rosalie's defense that wasn't her fault it was mine and you already accepted my apology so you can no longer count that."

"How about the first time we met and Emmett attacked me? Or yesterday at lunch when we had to skip so she could hunt." Bella said.

"Ok so the time with Emmett was a misunderstanding. In his defense you did take his leg so it was a disaster for him not you. As for yesterday, yes it started as a disaster but you talked her down from killing a bunch of humans and from what Rosalie says you both had a pretty amazing afternoon." Alice reminded her.

Bella thought that over."We did have a great afternoon yesterday. It was way better than hanging out at school. As for Emmett he deserved having his leg ripped off. He was annoying."

Alice laughed. "He can be rather annoying. My point is that even if a disaster happens, which it won't, you guys will turn it into something magical because that's what you guys are together. Magical. I know I can't see what's going to happen but I can still guarantee you both will have an amazing time and you'll be gushing to your best friend all night tomorrow at our sleep over."

"Thanks Alice. I know we went about it in a strange way but I can honestly say I'm really glad we are friends." Bella was telling the truth. Alice may be a little enthusiastic but she had a good heart and Bella appreciated that.

"Of course now let's find you something to wear." Alice said clapping her hands and turning back to the closet.