Chapter 82

"My family are afraid of me now." Rosalie said to Bella. After Bella ate dinner the pair made their way to the theater with Rosalie laid out on a lounge chair with Bella curled into her side.

"That's not true." Bella told her.

"It is. You saw the way they looked at me when I let Kate go. They were frightened."

Bella tried to reassure her."They weren't frightened. They were just seeing you in a new light. They are just not used to you being mated. You are a little more intense now that's all."

Rosalie looked at Bella in disbelief. "A little more intense. Bella I attacked the entire Denali coven and won easily. They have a reason to be afraid."

"Why would they have a reason to be afraid?" Bella asked.

"Kate and her sisters are over a thousand years old and she is known as a warrior. Not only that but Kate has a gift. She can electrocute vampires to the point of incapacitation. I've seen her put Emmett down in less than a second."

Bella was confused. "Why didn't she use that on you then?"

"That's the thing. I think she did. Her gift is defensive and protects her subconsciously. I think she tried to use it and my body wasn't affected. I think I'm immune to her gift."

"Would that mean I am too?" Bella wondered.

"I don't know. I was able to bite you so I'm not sure how much your body can withstand. I hope so." Rosalie said.

"Yes but were you able to bite me because you're my imprint? It would make sense that your teeth are sharper and stronger than before to help you better to defend yourself." Bella asked.

"That's a good point. We won't know unless you are bitten by another vampire but I'm not willing to try because it may turn out deadly for you."

Bella leaned up and gave Rosalie a kiss. "My protector. Always looking out for me."

Rosalie smiled. "I will always protect you my love."

Bella snuggled back into Rosalie. "What do you think the Denalis will do? They didn't look very pleased to be so easily dismissed."

Rosalie laughed." I think that's an understatement. I suspect they have already informed the Volturi about the situation and we will get a summons to Italy."

"I don't fall under their rule and as my imprint neither do you." Bella said.

"Are you saying we should ignore them?" Bella nodded. "Bella that would have disastrous results if we did."

"What will you have us do then? Do you think it's safe for either of us to go to Italy where we would be surrounded by their people with no way out. Do you think they would only want to chat with us?" Bella asked.

Rosalie didn't thinks so and that scared her." No I don't. If Edward hadn't put this army against us no one would have been the wiser. We would have been safe with no need to find allies that exposed us to even more threats."

"Do you think your family would stand with us or would they remain loyal to the Volturi?" Bella asked.

Rosalie hesitated before answering. "I want to say they would stand with us but I'm honesty not sure. I want to say I have faith in each one of them but that's not true. I think I understand now about you only being able to trust me. I was almost insulted that you said you didn't trust them completely but now faced with the question I don't think I can either."

Bella reached under Rosalie's shirt and scratched her nails against Rosalie's stomach. She smiled when she felt Rosalie begin to purr. "I think we need to focus on one fight at a time. Edward is the most immediate threat so we deal with him first. If the Denalis do their job they probably will get the information we need. That is if they don't actually decide to join Edward's side."

"I don't think they will. Edward has few friends. Most think him arrogant and don't like the way he uses someone's thoughts against them. "

"How does he use them against them?" Bella asked.

"He's an expert at blackmail. Carlisle has had to smooth over many fights involving Edward trying to gain from knowing people's secrets. It's only because of the respect they have for Carlisle that he hasn't been killed yet. If we don't kill him then with the knowledge that Carlisle is no longer on his side I'm sure someone else will."

"We'll take care of him. I promise you'll get your chance to rip off his limbs and make him watch as you burn him piece by piece." Bella told her.

Rosalie kissed the top of Bella's head. "You really know how to romance a girl don't you?"

Bella chuckled. "We can't have you running the show all the time."

Rosalie put her hand over Bella's stopping it mid scratch. "If you don't stop with that hand I'm going to show you who runs things."

Bella pulled her hand away much to Rosalie's disappointment. "What should we do about your family?"

Rosalie groaned. "We should ignore them and whatever trouble they have gotten themselves into and focus on us for the rest of the night."

"I'm serious. You think they are afraid of you and I'm not sure how they feel about me taking charge. How are we going to ease their fears?You know them best."

"Jasper is the main worry as the others defer to him when strategy is needed. By the way he responded to you and agreeing with your plans I feel he is on our side. He also doesn't like the Volturi. He would stand with us against them for his own reasons. Alice and Emmett are easy to please. You just keep treating them as you have. They will follow Jasper's lead when it comes to you in an authority position. Carlisle is used to being in charge as he has sired most of us. I think we need to be more cautious with him. He would be the one I trust the least with sensitive information. As for Esme she just wants her family happy. She has always respected you so you won't have to worry about her."

"I don't want to go against the Volturi. I just don't think we should let them summon us. It would give them the impression that they have some control over us and I don't want them thinking that. I may be your mate but I'm a shifter and being my imprint has changed you enough that you are no longer a vampire. They have no say in what we do."

"I never really considered it but you're right. I have enough of your traits that I wouldn't even pass for a vampire anymore. "Rosalie said thoughtfully."I agree with you about going against the Volturi. We shouldn't go to them when they summon us, because they will summon us but we should play it by ear for now.I don't want the others knowing any of our plans. We can't chance one of them turning on us."

Bella gave her a sad smile."I know that makes you sad saying that but it is the truth. You don't know what the circumstances would be if one of them was asked for information. It's to risky."

"Let's forget about the rest of this for tonight. Tomorrow we start training and we need to assess the damage to the poor sitting room that I destroyed yet again."

"It's fine. I've always wanted to redecorate that room anyway but maybe we should have meetings outside from now on." Bella said earning a glare from Rosalie.

"I love you." Rosalie told her.

Bella grabbed a remote and dimmed the lights."I love you too. Now lay back down so we can snuggle and watch this movie."

Rosalie sighed happily and pulled Bella closer. A nice evening with her mate was just what she needed after the day they had.