Chapter 20

As promised Rosalie was waiting for Bella by her red BMW after the end of the day bell rang. She gave her a bright smile when Rosalie went to the passenger side door and held it open for her. Bella waved goodbye to Alice, Emmett and Jasper and belted herself in while Rosalie shut the door and got into the driver's seat and started the car.

"I don't know if you wanted to go home right away but I thought maybe we could go for a coffee or whatever beverage you were in the mood for? There is a coffee shop in the middle of town we could go to." Rosalie asked Bella hoping Bella would want to spend a little more time with her.

"Yeah that sounds great. I would love to." Spending time with her imprint was not something Bella would ever pass up.

"Great." Rosalie said as she drove towards the coffee shop. They rode in a comfortable silence and got there a few minutes later.

Rosalie once again raced to open Bella's door. She worried that Bella would start to get annoyed with it but the smile Bella gave her soothed her fears. Feeling a little brave she offered Bella her hand. Bella took it with a smile that Rosalie easily returned.

Bella was over the moon. Not only did she have a date with her imprint on Friday but here she was walking hand and hand with Rosalie on the way to spend more time together. The once small spark of hope that Rosalie would return her feelings was now a burning flame of excitement at the confirmation that Rosalie did feel something for her. It may not be as intense as imprinting but Bella would work with what she could get.

"Maybe we could get a coffee to go and walk over to the park down the street and hang out?"Rosalie asked hopefully.

"That sounds perfect." Bella replied.

They made their way into the coffee shop making small talk about nothing important as they waited for Bella's order to be made holding hands the entire time. The walk to the park was short and made in silence as they both were refraining from saying anything until they had absolute privacy.

"Oh hey look they have a dog park." Bella said drawing Rosalie's attention to a corgi and a pug playing tug of war with a stick.

"Did you ever have a dog growing up?"Rosalie asked.

"No my family are not really dog people." Bella said with a laugh.

If Rosalie could blush she would have. "Of course I should of asked if you had a cat not a dog."

"I always wanted to have a cat growing up. My grandma was for it when I was old enough to take care it myself but that never happened. My mother hated animals and refused to let me have one." Bella said sadly.

"It's not to late. I'm sure Charlie would let you get one. There has to be a shelter around here that you could adopt one from." Rosalie was getting excited about the idea. Maybe Bella would let her help pick it out and it would be the first thing they had together as a couple.

"I'll have to ask him. He may be allergic. Did you ever have a pet?"Bella could imagine Rosalie with a cute kitten doting on it like it was her child.

"No my parents would never have anything that could damage their precious home. I'm personally surprised they had children." Rosalie said bitterly.

"What was your human family like? Did you have brothers or sisters?" Bella was eager to find out more about Rosalie. She barely knew anything about her.

"I had two much younger brothers. We weren't very close. My mother was a housewife and my father was a banker. It was because of his job that we made it through the depression almost unscathed."Rosalie told her.

"When were you born?"Bella was curious how old Rosalie was.

"I was born in 1915 in Rochester New York and changed into a vampire in 1933." Rosalie hadn't wanted to get into her past with Bella because it would only reveal her secret but if she wanted to actually be with her mate then she would have to tell her anyway. With them going on an official date maybe now was the right time.