Chapter 40

"Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter? Really Alice?" Rosalie asked Alice from her spot next to Bella. They were sitting in a pile of pillows and blankets on the living room floor getting ready to watch a movie.

"I thought it was fitting." Alice replied.

"How is a movie about a vampire hunting president fitting?" Rosalie asked.

"Well since we now know that the Shurlongs were shifters it isn't that unreasonable to think that one of them hunted vampires. I figured Bella could to tell us which parts were historically accurate." Alice said defensively.

"Historically accurate. Alice this isn't a documentary. Abraham Lincoln wasn't a real vampire hunter. You understand that right?" Rosalie asked incredulously.

"How do you know? He could have been. You weren't even alive when he was president. Bella tell her it's possible. Some of your ancestors hunted vampires right?" Alice looked to Bella to help her out.

"Um, well I mean some of them did hunt vampires, but I don't know for sure which ones did without going through my records. So Alice could be right. If Abraham Lincoln wasn't a vampire hunter at least three former presidents could have been."Bella said sheepishly.

"See I know my history." Alice exclaimed sitting down on the other side of Bella starting the movie.

Rosalie rolled her eyes in reply. She reached for Bella's hand and intertwined their fingers and settled in to watch the movie. Bella seemed happy to watch it so she would try to hold back her comments about it.

She lasted less than twenty minutes."Oh for fuck's sake Alice. Now you expect us to believe that Abraham Lincoln not only hunted vampires with an axe but that he had enough strength to chop down trees with one swing."

"If not one but three of our former presidents could shift into tigers I don't think it's unreasonable to believe Abe couldn't be that strong." Alice told her.

"Are you being serious right or are you messing with me?"Rosalie asked.

"Let's just watch the movie." Bella said hoping to stop any fighting. She leaned her back against the couch and pulled Rosalie into her arms hoping that would keep her calm enough not to continue fighting with Alice.

Rosalie grumbled some not kind words about silver plated axes and laid her head on Bella's chest listening to her heart beat. She was finding the steady thrumming quite relaxing. She not only liked being so close to Bella but the sound of the strong thundering beats reassured her that her mate was not only close but alive and safe. She decided to focus on that instead of the movie.

About halfway through Bella changed positions and laid her head on Rosalie's lap. Rosalie played with her hair as her breathing evened out indicating that she had fallen asleep.A sudden meow brought both Alice's and Rosalie's attention to Bella. She looked like she was trying to chase something and was grabbing at Rosalie's side.

"Oh my god she's a having a puppy dream!" Alice whispered excitedly pulling out her phone to take a video.

"Leave her alone Alice and put your phone away. You will not be taking videos of my sleeping mate." Rosalie said grabbing Alice's phone.

"But she's so cute. Aww is she purring now? Rosalie your mate is so cool. How did you get such a cool mate?"Alice asked.

"What do you mean how did I get such a cool mate? I've very cool." Rosalie said.

"Not as cool as your mate. I love Jasper and all but Bella is so amazing. Fate really must like you to pair you up with Bella." Alice told her.

"Don't you worry I thank fate everyday for her." Rosalie said seriously.

"Should we put her to bed? She can't be that comfortable down here. I can take her to my room if you want." Alice offered.

"No I'll take her to my room. I don't think she would be happy waking up tomorrow with you standing over her with a video camera." Rosalie said as she lifted Bella up carefully trying not to wake her.

As Rosalie carried her bridal style Bella snuggled into her chest.She every so carefully brought Bella into her room closing the door behind her and placing Bella on her bed pulling the blankets around her.

Rosalie wasn't sure if Bella would be comfortable with her laying next to her while she slept. She didn't think to ask where Bella wanted to sleep but she reasoned with herself that being Bella's imprint gave her permission to have Bella sleep in her bed and lay with her.

With that thought she changed into a tank top and shorts similar to Bella's and climbed in next to her laying beside her. She suddenly became self conscious. Rosalie didn't want to be creepy and touch her mate while she slept but the idea of holding Bella and protecting her in her slumber was very tempting.

Rosalie's decision was made for her when Bella rolled over and snuggled her body half on top of hers. Rosalie took this as it being ok to wrap her arms around Bella and as she did Bella burrowed her face into Rosalie's neck making a sound that was something between a meow and a purr.

Rosalie didn't want to admit it to Alice but she agreed. Bella was cute. Her little cat noises and puppy dreams as Alice called it were adorable. if she didn't think it would seem stakerish and creepy Rosalie would have taken a video herself to enjoy while Bella was away.

As a continuous purr started to rumble through Bella's body, Rosalie felt her own body respond with one of her own and hoped beyond hope that they would have many more nights just like this.