Chapter 90

"Hey are those pumpkins?" Alice asked as she followed Bella and Rosalie into the kitchen after they returned home from the reservation.

"No, Alice they are severely misshapen basketballs." Rosalie replied dryly.

Alice ignored her in favor of looking at the two pumpkins."You guys got to carve pumpkins?That's so cool.What are the designs?"

"I carved pumpkins with some of the tribe members and a bunch of kids while Bella was with the pack." Rosalie told her as she rifled through the kitchen draws looking for candles.

"Wait! They let you around their kids?" Alice asked.

Rosalie looked up when she found the candles. "Why wouldn't they let me around their kids?"

"Well first of all you're a vampire. Secondly you're, well you and you aren't the type that plays with children."Alice explained.

"I not only love children but I'm very good with them." Rosalie said defensively.

"Whose kids did Rosalie eat?" Emmett asked as he entered the kitchen followed by Esme, Jasper, Peter and Charlotte.

"I didn't eat anyone's children. I helped them carve pumpkins." Rosalie said through gritted teeth.

Emmett gave her a look of disbelief."You carved pumpkins?"

Bella squeezed the Rosalie's hand calming her." Yes, while Bella was with the wolves I spent time in the community center with the tribe and helped the children carve pumpkins."

"And she did an amazing job." Bella said proudly showing the group the two pumpkins.

"What did you carve?" Esme asked.

"I carved one with love swans and the other with our family crest." Rosalie told them lighting the candles motioning for Bella to turn the lights off.

"I hate to tell you this Rosalie but that isn't our crest." Alice said.

"No it's the Shurlong family crest." Bella told her.

"Yeah but Rosalie isn't a Shurlong, she's a Cullen." Alice said in a voice used when explaining something to a small child.

"Actually as my imprint Rosalie is a Shurlong. She is on official record in the Shurlong genealogy." Bella explained.

"So does that mean you guys are married?" Emmett asked.

Rosalie rolled her eyes." No Emmett. Marriage is a human tradition. Once the bond was accepted Bella and my lives became intertwined. She is my future as I am hers."

"So you're not going to get married?"Alice asked.

Bella gave Rosalie a heart stopping smile." Maybe one day but until then legally Rosalie has the rights to the Shurlong name as much as I do seeing that she owns half the estate. We just have to sign some papers to make it official."

Emmett held up his hands in a stop motion. "Woah wait a second. You gave Rosalie half your estate?"

Bella furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Well of course, she's my imprint. Everything I have is hers."

Alice glared at Jasper." So let me get this straight. You aren't even married and have only been bonded for two weeks but you are so sure of your love for Rosalie you have given her legal rights to half of a 4 billion dollar estate and use of a family name that is English royalty and helped create America."

Seeing Jasper start to fidget under Alice's gaze Bella came to his rescue." I'm not as well versed with human customs. I just know what it feels like to be bonded to Rosalie. I would gladly lay down my life for her so in that context what are a few worthless possessions in the grand scheme of thing."

Not it was Charlotte who was glaring at Peter." You know we don't even have a shared banking account and we've been together over a hundred years."

"Who cares about all that. There are more important things to consider. Does this mean Rosalie now owns half of the James Bond car and half of the arcade games?" Emmett asked.

Rosalie gave him a smirk." Yes, I do."

Alice finally letting Jasper out of her gaze asked." So that means you own the castle and the village?"

Rosalie was actually starting to have a good time crushing the duos dreams of having Bella give them permission to do what they wanted with her stuff. It was petty but the anxiety of them being around anything Shurlong related was intense. If being the buzzkill that put a stop to their good time meant she needed to accept that she was now Bella's equal partner and a Shurlong then she would do it. It was a small trade in the scheme of things.

Rosalie nodded. "That means you two can no longer go behind my back to get Bella's permission to do stuff."

"Come on!" Emmett whined. "Bella bear say it ain't so. Please tell us this is all a practical joke and Rosalie will never get her hands on your James Bond car or your arcade."

"She'll never let you have any fun again. Your life is going to be so boring from now on. You might as well take up knitting because that's all you'll be able to do with Rosalie hovering over you all the time." Alice told her.

Rosalie raised her eyebrow." What are you even talking about? What does knitting have to do with my relationship with Bella?"

"It's what boring old people do. That and crossword puzzles. You better brush up on your crossword skills Bella because that's your life now with this old ball and chain."Emmett said.

Bella wrapped her arms around Rosalie holding her back from going after Emmett. "If the cost of spending the rest of eternity with Rosalie is knitting and crossword puzzles then I consider that a fair trade."

Alice huffed in frustration. "I don't get it! It makes no sense."

"What doesn't make sense?"Jasper asked.

Alice pointed at Rosalie now snuggled in Bella's arms. "Bella just gave over her entire life to the fun police over there and she is more than happy to spend all of her time with Rosalie even after she gave her control of all her cool stuff."

"It's the sex right?" Emmett asked.

"Emmett!" Esme scolded him." We do not discuss people's intimate relationships. That's private."

Emmett was undeterred."But that's got to be it. Rosalie has to be a sex goddess. What else could it be?"

Before Rosalie could kill him Bella spoke. "I love so many things about Rosalie.The fact she is extremely good in bed is a just an added bonus."

Emmett gave Rosalie a wide eyed once over as if seeing her for the first time. "Woah really?"

Rosalie gave him a smug look as the rest of the group laughed at him. "If you ever need some pointers Emmett feel free to ask."

Esme turned the light switch back on." Now that we know about Rosalie's many talents we can get on with our night."

"Oh yeah. Bella, Charlotte wanted to know if you could show her the cubs." Alice said.

"And after that you can play old school Halo with us guys." Emmett added.

Rosalie huffed and laid her head on Bella's chest. She had spent most of the day away from Bella and now it seemed she would have to wait until tonight to get time with her mate.

Bella held Rosalie closer feeling her frustration just as much. She would love nothing more than to pick Rosalie up and carry her up to her bedroom and lock out the world for the rest of the night but she needed to make sure she spent time with her allies. Her grandfather had taught her that people were more willing to follow a leader they liked than one who treated them badly.

"I can take you, Charlotte and Rosalie to see the cubs. Victoria can come also if she feels comfortable enough. I was wanting to hunt for them anyway so that works out." Bella told Alice, turning to Emmett she said." When I come back I will gladly beat you at Halo Emmett."

Emmett gave Bella a high five. "No way Bella you're on my team this time."

Kissing Rosalie's forehead Bella released her. "I'll go change in the woods and you can meet me out there."