Chapter 14

After a semi awkward breakfast with Charlie and an enthusiastic hug Bella drove to school. Her car was loud and needed a lot of work but she loved every rusted inch of it. She even loved the holes in the canvas roof. The fact that it would no longer convert just made her laugh. It was the first gift she had gotten since her grandparents died that was given out of love. Rene only gave her gifts around the holidays when people were around to show off how good of a mother she was. The gifts were always the overly expensive latest trend but Bella always hated them. They weren't things that she would use or wear and would always be donated or given away to staff. So knowing that Charlie bought her this car because he wanted to make living in Forks easier meant more to her than all the gifts Rene bought combined.

As she pulled into the school parking lot her eyes immediately searched for Rosalie. She hadn't figured out just yet how she was going to approach her, let only start a friendship with her, but she was going to try. Try what? That she didn't know but she would do her best anyway.

Rosalie's stomach had been churning in anticipation of seeing Bella again so when she heard an engine that sounded like it was dying she perked up. Maybe she could talk to Bella about fixing her car. That could be a good way to start a friendship and give them time to get to know each other. She just had to figure out a way to offer that didn't sound like she was being pushy.

As Bella pulled into her spot Rosalie started making her way over to her stopping to shoot a glare at Alice making her stop mid step in following her.

"What did I tell you?" Rosalie hissed.

"You said I couldn't talk to her without you being there. As you were going there anyway I thought I would tag along and finally talk to my best friend. I was simply following your rules." Alice huffed out.

"I don't want to overwhelm her. Remember she hasn't been around vampires before."Rosalie said.

"She was around Emmett." Alice countered.

"Yeah and she tore his leg off." Rosalie was getting irritated at Alice's attempts to see Bella. "Leave her alone and don't follow me Alice. I mean it."

"Fine." Alice agreed even though they both knew this wouldn't be the last attempt Alice would make to talk to Bella.

Bella got out of her car and immediately searched out Rosalie. Her heart beat picked up when she notice her walking towards her. She didn't know what do so she just stood by her car and waited. When they were finally in touching distance she had to fight the urge to pull Rosalie to her and press their lips together."Good morning."

Rosalie smiled as she heard Bella's heart start to speed up. She hoped that it was in response to her personally and not out of fear of being around a vampire."Good morning. I like your car."

"My dad gave it to me. I know it doesn't look like much but I love it."Bella told her.

"Are you going to work with your dad to fix it up?" Be cool Rosalie, she thought to herself.

"I want to fix it up but neither myself or Charlie knows how to. I was going to find a mechanic to do it for me." Bella said sadly. She would of loved to have had a project to work on with her dad.

"I like to fix up cars myself so if you want I could work on it for you. I even have a fully functional repair shop in part of the garage at my house. You could bring it by anytime." Rosalie was happy she got all that out without tripping over her words.

Bella thought about the offer. On one hand she would get to spend more time with Rosalie, on the other hand she didn't know if she was comfortable being at her house with her whole coven. The part of her that wanted to see Rosalie do something she enjoyed won out."If you have the time that would be great. I don't mind paying you for the work."