Chapter 64

"Did you guys all have fun?" Esme asked from the kitchen.

"It was amazing." Alice replied taking a seat at the counter next to Bella while Rosalie, Jasper and Emmett stood around the kitchen.

"Minus Bella throwing a goat at me I had a great time. But then Bella let me ride her tiger while we hunted deer with the mountain lion. So I forgave her. It was awesome." Emmett told her excitedly.

"Wait, Bella threw a goat at you?" Esme looked a blushing Bella. "Bella why did you throw a goat at Emmett?"

"Um well I was up on the mountain and didn't want to climb down with it in my mouth. So I threw it to Emmett so it wouldn't splatter on the ground because he is the strongest." Bella quickly corrected herself when she felt Rosalie squeeze her hand. "Beside Rosalie of course but there was no way I was going to throw a goat at my imprint."

Esme satisfied with the answer asked." What else did you do? How was it interacting with the lion?"

"The lion was wary of us at first, although it was comfortable with Rosalie right away. By the time we finished hunting and carried the meat to her cave she allowed us close to not only her but to her cubs." Jasper told her.

"Esme you have to go see the cubs! They are so cute." Alice exclaimed excitedly. "They let us pick them up and I held one while it napped. They even played with us although it was the most fun to watch them play with Bella. She was so gentle with them even when they were biting her and pulling her ears. One even bit Emmett in the arm when he tried to pet it."

At Esme's concerned look Emmett reassured her. "It was my fault. I moved to quick and startled it. It didn't even leave a mark."

"It sounds like you all had an eventful afternoon. Bella dear are you hungry or did you eat already?" Esme inquired.

"I ate but I will probably be hungry in an hour or so." Bella told her.

"Yeah,you should have seen Bella eat. It was so gruesome. She ripped apart a deer and devoured it in seconds. Even ate some of the bones. I could hear them crunching in her mouth." Emmett exclaimed excitedly.

"My teeth are strong enough to grind the bones down for my body to digest them perfectly fine." Bella reassured a worried looking Esme.

"Hey Bella you want to play some ps4? I got a new game I want to play against you." Emmett asked.

Rosalie rolled her eyes at the hopeful look Bella shot her. "I'm going to help Esme make your dinner so you can go play with Emmett."

Bella jumped up from her seat and with a quick kiss to Rosalie's cheek she followed Emmett out of the room calling over her shoulder. "Thank you, sweetheart, holler if you need me."

Alice sighed. "She's so cute."

Rosalie hummed her agreement as she began helping Esme make Bella's dinner.

An hour of video games later Bella was seated at the table with a mountain of food in front her and all of the Cullens except Carlisle sitting with her.

"What's your estate like Bella? Rosalie hasn't told us what to expect but when I looked online there were all these cool stories and mysteries surrounding not only the house but the grounds themselves." Alice asked.

"Well my family acquired the land after the Mexican American war in about 1850 I think. One of my ancestors fought during that time and liked the area so he bought some land and built a house there. The original house is still there on the grounds. It's been maintained all these years and has never been changed only repaired when needed. The craftsman use the same techniques originally used to make those repairs." Bella told them.

"You have a house from the 1850's in original condition on your property?" At Bella's nod Esme asked. "And the decor was that ever changed?"

"No it has all the original pieces. They are properly covered and protected from dust and weathering but if you like I can have the staff prepare the home for you to look through. Rosalie told me about your love for interior design."Bella offered.

"No you don't have go to the trouble dear." Esme told her.

"It's no trouble. I had already given them instructions on opening different rooms I thought each of you would enjoy. Opening the house is no big chore. I think the staff enjoys doing it so they can see the pieces also. They don't have the chance to do it often." Bella promised.

"How big is your staff? Do they live there?" Jasper asked.

"It's not as large as you would think. Most of the house is closed so the rooms are only usually opened when I request them which is not very often. There is a head housekeeper that takes care of the needs of the house but they are only part time and come in once or twice a month. There is also a head groundskeeper but he is only in charge of the lawns, ponds and building maintenance. We also have a veterinarian that drops by once a month to check in on all the wildlife and make sure their natural food supply hasn't diminished and that the animals are thriving." Bella explained.

"So will any of them be coming when we are there?" Alice asked.

"No they have been informed what rooms to open and I will take the extra added measures of blocking their access to the grounds while we are there. We will be absolutely free to walk around and not have to worry about being bothered. There is no way to get on the estate without me knowing." Bella told them.

"I'm so excited to go. I can't wait to see everything." Alice quickly amended as she heard Rosalie growl." I mean I can't wait for you to show me exactly the things I am allowed to see and will absolutely not be snooping around and touching things."

Bella laughed. "I'm sure you'll have plenty of things to snoop through. I have a pretty good idea of each of your likes and am pretty positive that you will be plenty busy with the rooms I have to offer each of you."

"We will be very appreciative of whatever entertainment you offer us. Thank you Bella." Jasper said cutting off an excited Alice from asking a hundred more questions.

Noticing Bella had finally finished eating Rosalie grabbed her hand and pulled Bella up to go to her bedroom. "We have stuff to do, goodnight."

"Yeah we know exactly what kind of stuff." Emmett replied. Rosalie just ignored him. She had shared her mate with them all afternoon it was her turn now.